31 Emotional TV Lines That Were So Well-Written, They Still Make Us Break Down In Tears
Elizabeth Olsen repeating "I can't feel you" in WandaVision is still devastating.
1. First, on The Haunting of Hill House, when Nell talked to the rest of the Crain siblings in the Red Room.
2. On Boy Meets World, when Mr. Feeny said goodbye to his class one final time.
3. On The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, when Will broke down in tears over his dad leaving again.
4. On WandaVision, when Wanda couldn't feel Vision anymore after seeing his body.
5. And on Squid Game, when Ji-yeong let Sae-byeok win the marble game and then thanked Sae-byeok for playing with her.
6. On Supernatural, when Castiel said goodbye to Dean right before he died.
7. On 9-1-1, when Buck and Maddie had dinner with their parents and he said they should've been there no matter what.
8. On Lucifer, when Trixie asked Lucifer if Dan was really dead because she knew he wouldn't lie to her.
9. On Parenthood, when Max was upset that all of the kids on his field trip made fun of him and one of them peed in his canteen.
10. On Scrubs, when Carla heartbreakingly said goodbye to Laverne before she died.
11. On Fleabag, when the Priest told Fleabag to move on after she said, "I love you."
12. On Merlin, when Arthur said his final words to Merlin before he died.
13. On One Day at a Time, when Elena told Alex what she really wanted to say at their dad's wedding and how much it still hurts that their dad didn't accept her after she came out.
14. On The Mandalorian, when Mando said goodbye to Grogu, aka Baby Yoda, after Luke arrived to take him away.
15. On The Umbrella Academy, when Ben asked Vanya to be with him before he disappeared.
16. On The Golden Girls, when Sophia mourned her son, Phil, after finding out he died.
17. On The Walking Dead, when Glenn uttered his last words to Maggie.
18. On How I Met Your Mother, when Marshall found out his dad suddenly died.
19. On The Good Place, when Chidi was about to have his memory wiped and he said goodbye to Eleanor.
20. On Stranger Things, when Eleven reads Hopper's letter and he reminds her to leave the door open.
21. On Wynonna Earp, when Doc wrote a simple note to Wynonna after finding out she was pregnant.
22. On Angel, when Illyria appeared as Fred while Wesley was dying during the series finale.
23. On Teen Wolf, when Stiles told Lydia he loved her right before disappearing.
24. On Chicago Fire, when Herrmann gave a speech to Dawson after she miscarried about how she was like a daughter to him.
25. On Midnight Mass, when Riley rowed Erin out into the middle of the ocean and she was forced to watch him burn up in the sun.
26. On Doctor Who, when the Tenth Doctor was about to regenerate, but he wasn't ready.
27. On Bones, when Vincent Nigel Murray begged Bones to not let him go as he was dying.
28. On Invincible, when Mark told his dad, Omni Man, that he would always have him.
29. On One Tree Hill, when Jimmy told Keith that he just wanted everyone at school to like him.
30. On Gilmore Girls, when Christopher came back to talk to Lorelai after breaking up with her following Sherry's pregnancy announcement.
31. And finally, on The 100, whenever anyone said, "May we meet again."
We can't fit everything into one post, so tell us which other TV quotes broke your heart in the comments below!
Note: Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.