1. You can't focus when you actually get a chance to sing the melody because your mind is totally blown.
2. Composers literally don't give a fuck about you.
3. Your part is either the same note over and over again...
4. ... Or ridiculously, unnecessarily complex.
5. Sometimes, you're nothing more than glorified accompaniment.
6. Sometimes your part is so low it's not even worth it for the composer to use the treble clef.
7. When you finally get a chance to show off your sweet low notes, they hit with a quadruple piano.
8. The one song that totally captures your pain HAS to have a high C.
9. People constantly attempt to crush your ego by telling you your part's not important.
10. You waste a lot of time praying for Disney to add a little vocal diversity.
11. But you still blow your vocal cords out trying to hit the high notes in "Let It Go."
12. People expect you to be able to sight read well in alto clef "because you're an alto."
13. You no longer have eardrums after the alto next to you tries to warm up with the sopranos.
14. You hate yourself for sometimes wishing you were a legit soprano.
15. You have to tailor your headshots for the only three roles you can get: witches, bitches, and britches.
At least you're simultaneously hot enough to be a witch and adorable enough to be a little boy.