1. OK, to be a runner, I've got to actually run.
2. I've been THINKING about running all week, so I'm actually going to do it.
3. That's what I need to do – outrun the sad, outrun the mad, the stress, the way-too-much-fun over the weekend... Get those endorphins kickin'!
4. OK, all laced up. Looking good, feeling good.
5. Start up Nike+. 6km here I come, LET'S DO THIS.
6. Ahhh, I forgot how much I love running. This is great. I'm great. The world is great.
7. Starting to feel it now. Reckon that must be at least halfway.
8. 2km! IT'S ONLY BEEN 2km!
9. Why did I decide to go on a run today?
10. …because running is great and I love it and I'm definitely not regretting this decision.
11. Aaand just passed 2.5km. (Dammit!)
12. STOP LOOKING AT YOUR WATCH.
13. OK, focus, you need to cross that road.
14. It doesn't count as stopping if the little man's red.
15. Oh come on, OF COURSE the light would turn green juuuust as I get there.
16. Screw it, I'm sprinting through the intersection.
17. Wow, that was pretty amazing. I'm amazing!
18. I feel fantastic. Must be that second wind everyone talks about.
19. Or it's just the fact I'm running downhill.
20. Nah, it's definitely the second wind.
21. I'm crushing this run. Maybe I should sign up for a half marathon?
22. That's 21km, which is really only 20, which is not that much more than this easy run. (Which I'm smashing.)
23. Maybe I should run a bit further now to test my stamina?
24. Yeah, what's one more km? Let's do this!