1. In honor of Safer Internet Day, Google is giving away 2GB of free Google Drive space for users who complete the “Security Checkup” today.
Feeling so blessed rn.Safer Internet Day is celebrated every year on February 9, to “promote safer and more responsible use of online technology and mobile phones, especially among children and young people,” according to its website.
2. All you have to do is go to Google’s Security Checkup page while logged in, and follow the prompts.
You can also copy and paste this link: security.google.com/settings/intro/security/secureaccount.
3. After reviewing five settings, you’ll get your free gigs.
It took me less than five minutes.
5. Pro-tip: create an annual recurring calendar event as a reminder to claim your free Google Drive space.
7. If you want even *more* free storage, you can earn up to 1TB by becoming a local Google Maps guide.
Contribute information like reviews, restaurant hours, and answer questions about the location to earn points. If you earn as many as 200 points, you’ll get a whole terabyte of Drive storage (a $120 per year value).
8. H/T: Reddit
- More than two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade on Saturday, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, who fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱