1. Just add "GIF" to the front of a YouTube URL, like this:
2. Search #artistname to land on a musician's topic page.
4. MooMa.sh is like a "Shazam" for YouTube, Dailymotion, and Vimeo. The site can identify songs in any video.
5. Find the "Autoplay" button on the top right and click it to disable. The slider should go from blue to gray.
6. View a larger version of the video by clicking on "Theater Mode." It's the rectangular icon at the bottom right of the video player.
7. Google's Video Quality Report can show you what quality of video your internet provider can support. The website can also compare your speed to other providers in your area.
8. Try 'em!
- k = pause or play
- j = rewind 10 seconds
- l = fast-forward 10 seconds
- m = mute
- Number 0 = go to the beginning of the video
- Numbers 1 to 9 = jump to 10% to 90% of the video
While captions are on:
- + = make caption font bigger
- - = make caption font smaller
9. Go to youtube.com/testtube, scroll to the bottom, and click "Get the player."
The new player has a transparent control bar and scales to any screen size.
10. If you own a smart TV or Chromecast, you can beam YouTube videos from your mobile device to a TV display over Wi-Fi.
11. Method 1: While watching a video, click on "Add to" > select "Watch Later."
To view the video, click on the menu button > Watch Later.
On mobile, tap the menu button on the top left, then select Watch Later to view your playlist.
12. Method 2: Hover over a search result and tap on the three-button options icon, then select Watch Later.
13. Right click (or ctrl + click) on a video to share it at a certain time.
14. You can also click on the Share tab and select "Start at: [x]."
16. If your videos are taking forever to load, change the default streaming quality for your account.
Go to youtube.com/account_playback and select this option: "I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video."
17. Click on the menu bar in the top left, select History, and hover over the video title to remove it.
You can also select "Pause watch history" to temporarily stop recording video views.
18. The Letters of YouTube are a compilation of the site's most viral videos in various categories like beauty, song covers, and fails.
Add these terms to help you refine search results:
- Add "channel" or "playlist"
- Add "HD" for high-definition or "3D" for three-dimensional videos
- Add "allintitle" to get an exact match of your search query
- Add quotation marks, as well as a plus or minus sign to include or omit results (for example: "beyonce" + "destiny's child" OR "beyonce" - "jay-z")