We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
1. These space-saving laundry soap and shampoo sheets ($5 each)
No need to remember the 3-1-1 TSA carry-on ratio! Add water and the sheet will dissolve instantly. The packs also come in shaving, body wash, and hand soap versions.
2. This international SIM card for unlimited texts ($10 per year)
This $5 SIM card, which works on all unlocked phones, lets travelers send unlimited texts and emojis in over 150 countries for any instant messaging apps, including WhatsApp, WeChat, Facebook Messenger, Viber, and QQ. You can send multimedia (like photos, videos, and voice messages) for an additional fee.
3. This silk bra stash ($14)
Keep your cash, credit cards, and ID very close by with this small pocket made of breathable silk.
4. These noise-cancelling “smart” earplugs ($150)
When you’re stuck next to a crying baby on a plane, pop in the “Hush” plugs. and fall asleep to soothing sounds like ocean waves and rainfall. These smart earplugs also have a notification filter and know to ping you only for the important stuff. They can also wake up you and only you (and not the rest of your hostel).
6. This compression sack with compartments ($40)
The beauty of compression sacks is that they’re space saving magical bags, but the downside is that all of your clothes, once inside, are jumbled and hard to find. The Hoboroll fixes that with its five compartments. You’ll know exactly where everything is in your pack!
11. This sound enhancer for iPads ($5)
If an iPad is your only source of car/hotel entertainment for you and/or your kids, a good alternative to Bluetooth speakers is this audio-boosting attachment for iPads 2 through 4. A magnet secures the enhancer onto the iPad while it bends the sound toward you.
12. This pay-as-you-go global hotspot ($125, then $10 per day)
You’ll pay $125 for the hotspot itself and five day passes of unlimited data on up to five devices. After that, it’s just $10 a day for coverage in Europe, most of Asia, South Pacific, The Americas, and parts of the Middle East and Africa. The best part? No contracts.
14. This almost DSLR-grade lens for iPhone ($100)
Ditch your big, bulky DSLR! These “Moment” lenses can help you capture more detail (tele lens) or epic landscapes (wide lens) by changing your phone’s angle of view. One drawback is that the lenses require a permanent mounting plate on the back of your phone. You can’t take this plate on and off very easily.
For more money, Moment offers a less permanent solution, a phone case ($69) that’s compatible with their lenses and makes your phone easier to hold while taking photos.
18. This perfect carry-on backpack that lies flat ($299)
It’s called The Minaal and, after a successful Kickstarter campaign, is now shipping. Like a suitcase, there are zippers on all sides and it lies flat for quick packing and unpacking. There’s also a raincover for full water protection.
19. These very compact USB cables ($45)
Great for exchanging photos with new friends or charging anywhere! These tangle-free cables fit in a very convenient, compact travel case. You get three types of cables for all types of devices: Lightning for iPhone 5 and up, 30-pin for iPhone 4S and earlier, and micro USB for Android phones.
20. This 3-in-1 flash drive/stylus/pen ($40)
Inside of this working pen and stylus is a removable 4GB flash drive. Make an emergency USB with personal documents, just in case you lose your wallet or get your passport stolen. Then, encrypt your drive by using Bitlocker or TrueCrypt to keep it private.
21. This portable rain hood ($25)
This lightweight accessory turns any coat into a rain jacket. Save on space and weight!
22. This travel-sized router ($50)
Fix poor in-room connection with this WiFi-boosting travel repeater. It can also create a wireless access point from a wired source like an Ethernet cable. This adapter fits many electrical international outlets, including US, Mexica, UK, China and others.
24. This iPhone Wrist Strap that prevents theft ($35)
This strap for iPhone 5S-6 Plus is intended to prevent falls and shattered screens, but it can also serve as a way to prevent your phone from being pickpocketed while you’re out sightseeing. Just keep the strap on your wrist to prevent someone swiping it from your pants.
Get a similar strap here.
26. This carry-on cocktail kit ($24)
Craft your own artisanal cocktail with this kit that includes a linen coaster, mini jigger, bar spoon, muddler, and/or necessary mixers, depending on the drink. There are kits for old fashioneds and gin and tonics, with more coming soon. All you need to do is order the hard stuff when the drink cart comes by.
27. This high-tech smart luggage ($339)
This connected suitcase can be controlled and tracked by a smartphone. It has a built-in scale, battery charger, location tracking, and a digital lock. If you’re out of battery or lose your phone, the bag can also be opened with a physical key.
28. This all-in-one kitchen tool ($45)
It includes a 9.87-inch wide serrated knife, bottle opener, can opener, flathead screwdriver, and grill scraper. The sheath includes an anti microbial additive that prevents bacteria from building up between uses. It’ll make food prep on the road so much easier!
29. This location-tracking name tag ($100)
It has Bluetooth 4.0 built-in and can connect to your device up to 200 feet away. If someone does so much as lay a finger on your bags, the tag will ping your phone. When you’re waiting at the carousel, it’ll let you know when your bags are close by. When your tag is out of range, the app will remember where it last recognized your tag.
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it—and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- More than 90 people have died in Indonesia's earthquake, officials say. Thousands of rescuers are being deployed to the hit area.
- A refrigerator is being eyed as the possible origin of the fire at an Oakland warehouse party that killed 36 people, a law enforcement official said.
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏