Well, if you have an iPhone running iOS 9 or newer, then you’re in luck. YouTube user videosdebarraquito discovered a way you can make those apps disappear.
1. If it isn’t already, put the app into a folder.
To create a folder, press and hold the app icon, then drag it over another app icon.
2. Now open the folder, and press and hold the offending app until it jiggles.
3. Drag the app over to the next page in the Folder.
4. Move the app AGAIN. You will create a third page in the folder, indicated by three dots at the bottom.
I couldn’t get the app to disappear by simply dragging it to the second page in the folder. You might have better luck!
5. Once you’re on the third page, tap the home button without letting go of the app.
You need to drag it all the way to the right, then press the home button.
Then it’ll zoom away! Bye Stocks, ya sucka!
If you need the app for some reason, it will still show up in search results. This could be a sneaky way to hide apps you don’t want people to see (e.g., Tinder on your work phone?).
Or ANY apps with in-app purchases so your kids don’t accidentally drop $$$ in the App Store.
One caveat: Once you power down your phone and restart it, the hidden, undelete-able apps will reappear.
If you never turn off your phone (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing), then it’s not a problem!
Watch a video walk-through of the process here:
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.