Well, if you have an iPhone running iOS 9 or newer, then you’re in luck. YouTube user videosdebarraquito discovered a way you can make those apps disappear.
1. If it isn’t already, put the app into a folder.
To create a folder, press and hold the app icon, then drag it over another app icon.
2. Now open the folder, and press and hold the offending app until it jiggles.
3. Drag the app over to the next page in the Folder.
4. Move the app AGAIN. You will create a third page in the folder, indicated by three dots at the bottom.
I couldn’t get the app to disappear by simply dragging it to the second page in the folder. You might have better luck!
5. Once you’re on the third page, tap the home button without letting go of the app.
You need to drag it all the way to the right, then press the home button.
Then it’ll zoom away! Bye Stocks, ya sucka!
If you need the app for some reason, it will still show up in search results. This could be a sneaky way to hide apps you don’t want people to see (e.g., Tinder on your work phone?).
Or ANY apps with in-app purchases so your kids don’t accidentally drop $$$ in the App Store.
One caveat: Once you power down your phone and restart it, the hidden, undelete-able apps will reappear.
If you never turn off your phone (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing), then it’s not a problem!
Watch a video walk-through of the process here:
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, a BuzzFeed News investigation reveals.
- French towns are continuing to enforce a ban on Muslim women wearing the burkini despite the country's highest administrative court ruling the ban illegal.
- Donald Trump says the shooting of NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin is evidence of high crime rates he believes will boost his support among black people in November's election.