2. Doctors said the 23-year-old had kept her contacts in at all times, even in the swimming pool.
3. Not taking your contacts out apparently creates the perfect breeding ground for amoebas.
“Contact lens wearers are a high risk group that can easily be exposed to eye diseases,” expert ophthalmologist Wu Jian-Liang told the Daily Mail. “A shortage of oxygen can destroy the surface of the epithelial tissue, creating tiny wounds into which the bacteria can easily infect, spreading to the rest of the eye and providing a perfect breeding ground.”
- Donald Trump just announced he will "totally accept" the election results….if he wins.
- People are really pissed over this "Grab Her By The Brain" campaign based on Donald Trump's comments about women.
- Think before you trust Facebook: Hyperpartisan pages are posting false or misleading information up to 38% of the time 💻⁉️
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.