2. Doctors said the 23-year-old had kept her contacts in at all times, even in the swimming pool.
3. Not taking your contacts out apparently creates the perfect breeding ground for amoebas.
“Contact lens wearers are a high risk group that can easily be exposed to eye diseases,” expert ophthalmologist Wu Jian-Liang told the Daily Mail. “A shortage of oxygen can destroy the surface of the epithelial tissue, creating tiny wounds into which the bacteria can easily infect, spreading to the rest of the eye and providing a perfect breeding ground.”
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Donald Trump's pick for health secretary, Tom Price, refused to say at his confirmation hearing whether or not he would cut Medicare and Medicaid.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺