1. Dubbo is located in Central-West New South Wales
2. So it's far away from Sydney, or any city! How far from Sydney exactly? Around 4.5 hours.
3. Which means it's not a part of Western Sydney, despite popular belief.
4. Dubbo is a part of Wiradjuri country, which is one of the largest in Australia.
5. Habitation by Indigenous Australians dates back approximately 40,000 years.
6. It is the Wiradjuri people who named Dubbo, which means "red earth."
7. When driving into Dubbo you can see the road out of Dubbo!
8. Dubbo has a population of 32,327 people.
9. You can fit the entire population of Dubbo in the MCG over THREE times!
10. Dubbo is home to the Taronga Western Plains Zoo.
11. You can even feed the Lions!
12. You can also stay overnight at the zoo! You're literally meters from the animals!
13. And yes there's Quokkas too.
14. BUT YOU CAN PET THEM AT DUBBO ZOO!
15. Majority of the time Dubbo is battling through harsh droughts.
16. But when it does rain, it pours.
17. Dubbo has 4 Subway Restaurants, three of which are all within half a kilometre from eachother.
18. Weatherman Tim Bailey is our ambassador!
19. Which brings us to our next point: "I LOVE DUBBO" T-Shirts!
20. The t-shirts are taking over the world!
21. We're the official home of Australia's BEST meat pie. Winning the competition in 2003, 2005, and 2007.
22. This fact is even on the sign coming into town.
23. We have a Gaol in our main street!
24. 8 men were hanged at the Gaol when it was open between 1859 and 1966.
25. Our tallest building is 6 stories high! WOW!
26. Roads in and out of Dubbo are haunted by the Pilgra Princess.
27. Dubbo has one of the best skate parks in the country!
28. The only cinema in town just closed down.
29. Speaking of movies, many have been filmed here, like Prime Mover.
30. And Forbidden Ground.
31. It's illegal to fart in Dubbo.
32. From Sydney it's cheaper to fly to Asia than it is to Dubbo.
33. Dubbo has the largest abattoir in the country! Up to 90,000 sheep can go through it a day!
34. The town hosted Triple J's One Night Stand in 2013.
35. But that's nothing, because in 2012 Bow Wow performed in front of an 80+ strong crowd in Dubbo.
36. And we're 75% sure that in 2013 Beyonce may have flown over Dubbo whilst on her Australian tour.
37. Speaking of music, Dubbo is the REAL home of Aussie Hip-Hop!
38. And also home to Thirsty Merc!
39. And The Reels.
40. And Academy Award Winner Lizzy Gardener.
41. Not to mention, UFC sensation Kyle Noke grew up here!
42. And Home and Away's Steve Peacocke.
43. Steve Peacocke also gave Dubbo a shout out during his Logies acceptance speech.
44. Oh and Glenn McGrath!
45. So come and visit Dubbo and be greeted with open arms by our mascot Dubby.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!