Anyone who's never been to Australia probably has a rough idea in their head of what it looks like.
We envisage dry, barren lands that get hit with almost unbearable sunshine 24/7 with kangaroos hopping around everywhere you turn your head.
The reality, we've come to learn, is actually quite different! Australia is one of those countries where everywhere you go feels completely different, and definitely not like the barren desert we imagined.
Take a look for yourself.
1. Double Island Point, Queensland
2. Cable Beach, Western Australia
3. Sydney, New South Wales
4. Lake Kununurra, Western Australia
5. The Twelve Apostles, Victoria
6. Cape Leveque, Western Australia
7. Moreton Island, Queensland
8. The Bungle Bungles, Western Australia
9. The Great Ocean Road, Victoria
10. Lady Elliot Island, Queensland
11. Zebedee Springs, Western Australia
12. Litchfield National Park, Northern Territory
13. The Blue Mountains, New South Wales
14. Melbourne, Victoria
15. Hunter Valley, New South Wales
16. Fitzroy Island, Queensland
17. Siding Spring Observatory, New South Wales
18. Brisbane, Queensland
19. Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Park, New South Wales
20. Cape Otway Lightstation, Victoria
21. The Daintree Rainforest, Queensland
Travel was provided by Tourism Australia. Camera equipment supported by Canon. BuzzFeed writers do not guarantee coverage.