As we’ve noted before, “Pelicans” is a much more fitting team for a professional basketball team in New Orleans than Hornets. The pelican is the state bird of Louisiana, and as the Hornets outrageously claim on their website, pelicans “represent the essential qualities embodied by any successful team.” But did the Hornets/Pelicans choose the correct logo? A fan-created logo contest on 99designs.com produced some very cool-looking alternatives.
6. Meanwhile, the team names of Anthony Davis keep getting less and less threatening.
7. I can’t wait until he plays for the Louisville Sock Puppets (est. 2020).
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏