3. He spent more than 500 hours talking to a girl he believed to be Lennay over the phone and on the computer.
4. His Notre Dame teammates vaguely knew of Lennay, but thought the whole situation was a little fishy.
5. Te’o eventually learned Lennay didn’t exist, but he just kept telling lies.
6. Then Deadspin broke the story that Lennay was a hoax, all hell broke loose, and Notre Dame’s athletic director tried to contain the situation.
7. Te’o did an interview with Katie Couric to try and explain himself.
8. Katie asked what we all were thinking.
10. Katie wasn’t buying it.
11. Te’o remained adamant that he was the victim of a hoax.
13. The public grew tired of the story.
14. Maybe one day we’ll learn the truth.