Olympic gold medalist Lindsey Vonn was airlifted today after a horrendous accident in the super-G event of the 2013 World Championships in Austria. According to the Alpine Press, doctors on site suspect she suffered a tibial plateau fracture as her knee twisted violently. Warning: The video is a little scary.
3. Vonn was bundled up and attached to a helicopter, which then flew her to a hospital.
5. This was the reaction of Tina Maze, who completed her run just before Vonn.
UPDATE: Vonn suffered a torn ACL and MCL in her right knee, as well as a lateral tibial plateau fracture, which could impact her status for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games.
- President Trump laid out an ambitious agenda in his speech to Congress, but Republicans are still divided on how to pass that agenda.
- The FBI is investigating if bomb threats against Jewish centers came from an internet "troll" and are profiling a lone, young, tech-savvy person.
- Facebook is using artificial intelligence for suicide prevention, scanning feeds for signs of people at risk of self-harm, then offering resources for help.
- Uber's CEO said he's "seeking leadership help" after dash-cam footage was published of him aggressively arguing with a company driver 😳