Olympic gold medalist Lindsey Vonn was airlifted today after a horrendous accident in the super-G event of the 2013 World Championships in Austria. According to the Alpine Press, doctors on site suspect she suffered a tibial plateau fracture as her knee twisted violently. Warning: The video is a little scary.
3. Vonn was bundled up and attached to a helicopter, which then flew her to a hospital.
5. This was the reaction of Tina Maze, who completed her run just before Vonn.
UPDATE: Vonn suffered a torn ACL and MCL in her right knee, as well as a lateral tibial plateau fracture, which could impact her status for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."