Earlier this week, the lawyer of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo claimed that his client imitated the voice of a woman over the phone to Manti Te’o for well over 500 hours. According to a relative of Ronaiah, the lawyer’s lying. Voicemails left by “Lennay Kekua” to Manti Te’o went public yesterday, and after hearing the voice of Lennay, a cousin of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo claims that voice belongs to Tino Tuiasosopo, according to the New York Post. Tino is another cousin of Ronaiah’s and lives on the island of American Samoa.
3. The unnamed Tuiasosopo cousin came forward with some sad testimony.
There is no doubt whatsoever that it’s Tino…. That’s the way [Tino] cries when she’s feeling sorry for herself. Its her, that’s the voice.
According to the Post, Tino’s backstory loosely fits Lennay Kekua’s. She works for her father’s construction company — Te’o told Sports Illustrated’s Pete Thamel that Lennay inherited her father’s job at a “Clark’s construction company” — and is apparently involved in her church.
5. We’ll have more on the issue of whether Manti Te’o talked to an actual woman for 500 hours as it develops.
h/t: Emily Smith at the New York Post
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈