Earlier this week, the lawyer of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo claimed that his client imitated the voice of a woman over the phone to Manti Te’o for well over 500 hours. According to a relative of Ronaiah, the lawyer’s lying. Voicemails left by “Lennay Kekua” to Manti Te’o went public yesterday, and after hearing the voice of Lennay, a cousin of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo claims that voice belongs to Tino Tuiasosopo, according to the New York Post. Tino is another cousin of Ronaiah’s and lives on the island of American Samoa.
3. The unnamed Tuiasosopo cousin came forward with some sad testimony.
There is no doubt whatsoever that it’s Tino…. That’s the way [Tino] cries when she’s feeling sorry for herself. Its her, that’s the voice.
According to the Post, Tino’s backstory loosely fits Lennay Kekua’s. She works for her father’s construction company — Te’o told Sports Illustrated’s Pete Thamel that Lennay inherited her father’s job at a “Clark’s construction company” — and is apparently involved in her church.
5. We’ll have more on the issue of whether Manti Te’o talked to an actual woman for 500 hours as it develops.
h/t: Emily Smith at the New York Post
- Three people with ties to one of the San Bernardino shooters were arrested on immigration fraud charges.
- With the help of tax dollars, Trump is converting a prized federal landmark near the White House into a luxury hotel 🏨
- And a professor says most dogs don't like hugs. He studied hundreds of photos and found most of them showed tell-tale signs of stress 🐶