1. The 13-28 Phoenix Suns parted ways with coach Alvin Gentry today after the team slumped to the worst start in the Western Conference.
Gentry had been with the Suns since the 2008-09 season, and finished with a career record of 158-144.
2. Suns center Marcin Gortat had some kind words for his former coach on Twitter when he heard the news.
Wow…just found out.! Its a weird feeling because we worked together for 3 years.— Marcin Gortat
I would like to thank him for all the opportunities he gave me to become a better player. I appreciate the last 3 years we spent together.— Marcin Gortat
I wish him all the best………— Marcin Gortat
5. About an hour later, though, Gortat remembered an old flame…
Former Orlando Magic head coach Stan Van Gundy is currently without a job, but he coached Gortat over four successful years in Orlando. Wasting no time, Gortat began to openly campaign for SVG.
- Sean Spicer said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉