Americans are particular about their sports. Football is king, basketball and baseball are okay, and hockey is a niche. There isn’t much room for the invasion of other sports (like soccer, or competitive darts), but Full Body Pong could be the next American sensation if it ever makes it across the Pacific.
2. eSportsGround, basically an interactive floor upon which a number of games can be played, has been around in Japan since last year.
It’s kind of like an advanced Kinect, only if Kinect was actually fun. I would pay tens of dollars to play Full Body Pong, and professional Full Body Pong would undoubtedly draw millions of viewers. Make it happen, Japan.
H/T Richard Eisenbeis at Kotaku
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷