Americans are particular about their sports. Football is king, basketball and baseball are okay, and hockey is a niche. There isn’t much room for the invasion of other sports (like soccer, or competitive darts), but Full Body Pong could be the next American sensation if it ever makes it across the Pacific.
2. eSportsGround, basically an interactive floor upon which a number of games can be played, has been around in Japan since last year.
It’s kind of like an advanced Kinect, only if Kinect was actually fun. I would pay tens of dollars to play Full Body Pong, and professional Full Body Pong would undoubtedly draw millions of viewers. Make it happen, Japan.
H/T Richard Eisenbeis at Kotaku
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 90 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- US officials didn't know drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán was being extradited from Mexico to the United States until the day it happened.