1. Iowa State center Anna Prins scored seven points in a landslide victory Sunday, but just after the game, head coach Bill Fennelly and Anna’s boyfriend Ryan had a surprise in store.
2. Fennelly plays it cool, wishing fans a happy New Year before introducing his starting center’s boyfriend, Ryan.
3. Anna and her teammates have no clue what’s going on.
4. Until Ryan drops to one knee.
5. Anna says yes, which is good, because, uh, that would’ve been awkward.
Could Anna really say no in front of 7,000 people? Ryan is a clever boy.
6. GROUP HUG.
No word on whether the couple’s sure-to-be-incredibly-tall future children have verbally committed to a program yet.
(h/t David McCormack at the Daily Mail)
- Brexit fallout: Leaders of the remaining European Union states will call for the UK's withdrawal to happen in an "orderly fashion" and quickly.
- At least 41 people died in a suicide bombing attack on Istanbul's international airport, Turkish officials said.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸