It wasn’t a good weekend for the most intense and maniacally committed college football coach in America, as Nick Saban’s Alabama Crimson Tide fell to the Texas A&M Johnny Manziels, 29-24. The loss dropped Alabama from first to fourth in the BCS standings, and unless two of the remaining undefeated trio of Oregon, Kansas State, and Notre Dame lose in the coming weeks, the Crimson Tide will not play for a second consecutive national championship. Alabama has gone 64-13 with two titles during Saban’s tenure, but for some, THAT’S NOT ENOUGH! (It seems like a few of these people are being sarcastic, but a terrifying number of them are clearly not.)
15. Even Batman thinks Saban should find a new job.
BONUS: This guy had some words for freshman running back TJ Yeldon just after Alabama lost.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰