It wasn’t a good weekend for the most intense and maniacally committed college football coach in America, as Nick Saban’s Alabama Crimson Tide fell to the Texas A&M Johnny Manziels, 29-24. The loss dropped Alabama from first to fourth in the BCS standings, and unless two of the remaining undefeated trio of Oregon, Kansas State, and Notre Dame lose in the coming weeks, the Crimson Tide will not play for a second consecutive national championship. Alabama has gone 64-13 with two titles during Saban’s tenure, but for some, THAT’S NOT ENOUGH! (It seems like a few of these people are being sarcastic, but a terrifying number of them are clearly not.)
15. Even Batman thinks Saban should find a new job.
BONUS: This guy had some words for freshman running back TJ Yeldon just after Alabama lost.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀