1. Mausoleum Party at Stanford University
The Mausoleum Party is the annual Halloween shindig that is located in front of the tomb of Mr. and Mrs. Leland Stanford. With multiple DJs, lights in the trees, and a dance floor, Stanford students won’t soon forget this party.
2. Halloween on Franklin Street at UNC Chapel Hill
In 2012, 22,000 spectators packed the streets for Halloween on Franklin Street, the cultural hub of the city. Each year, people from all over flock to Chapel Hill, dressing up in costumes and walking up and down the street to celebrate the holiday.
3. Moorebid at Skidmore College
Moorebid is a college-wide Halloween party hosted on the Saturday night either before or after Halloween—-and it’s known for getting a little crazy. In 2012, it was the first time in two years that the ball wasn’t shutdown due to alcohol-related “incidents.”
4. Trick or Treat Street at University of Richmond
The University of Richmond does something a little different with Halloween. Some of the Greek organizations get involved with Trick or Treat Street (TOTS), a community-wide philanthropic event for kids that involves face painting, moonbounces, and even a pet costume contest.
5. Halloween concerts and Mill Town Haunt at Carleton College
While Carleton has a Halloween-themed orchestra concert, the college is also located near the spooky Mill Town Haunt, a haunted house attraction that sometimes brings ghouls to campus.
6. Healy Howl at Georgetown University
Around every Halloween, students gather on the lawn to watch “The Exorcist,” since parts of the movie were filmed on Georgetown’s campus. Then, after the movie, the students head to the cemetery near Healy Hall and howl at the moon at midnight.
7. Pumpkin Drop at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
On Halloween, MIT students drop frozen pumpkins from the roofs of buildings, and because they’re frozen, these objects explode rather dramatically.
10. Calvert Ghosts at Trinity University (SFW)
Relax. The quality of the video isn’t great, so you’re not really seeing anything, but the men of Calvert Hall have been known to strip naked and streak across campus, calling themselves the “Calvert Ghosts.”
- The death toll has risen to 36 in the Oakland warehouse party fire. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause for the fire.
- Donald Trump has picked retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson to be his secretary of housing and urban development.
- Jill Stein has filed a federal lawsuit in Pennsylvania for statewide recount of the 2016 election, after she withdrew a request in state court.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏