4 chicken thighs
1 cup white rice
1½ cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ cilantro, chopped
1 can black beans, drained
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1. Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, add the olive oil and place the chicken skin side down for about 5 minutes or until skin is golden brown. Flip the chicken and cook for another 3 minutes.
3. Take the chicken out and add the onions and cook until they’re translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the rice, stir to coat in the oil and onions, and toast for 3 minutes.
4. Pour in the chicken stock, add the garlic and place the chicken on top of the rice. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
5. Once cooked, take the chicken out and add in the cilantro, black beans, and the juice of one lime.