1. Our Mascot
Basically a nice, big fluffy bear, that will provide you with endless love, cuddles and drool
2. The circle of life taking care of our moose population
Because of course this makes sense, only in Newfoundland.
3. Translators necessary.
With our accents, fast paced talking, and the Newfinese slang, concentration is necessary when having a conversation.
4. Our inappropriate town names.
Yes, this place is real, and Yes, we are immature.
Completely, 100%, accurate. It’s time they learned we don’t live with polar bears in Igloos
6. Maybe this is why we’re kind of backwards?
With a half hour time zone (There are only 10 places in the whole world with one) it makes us unique, but our television shows/events all start at odd times
7. Spot on.
The irish in us make us drink.
8. We can be very hospitable, until it’s too much.
We make houses for cats, 200 cats to be exact.
9. People attempt to end a way of life for some families.
Another celebrity comes to town and offers 1 million dollars, $167 dollars to each family who lives off of the seal hunt as a way of life.
10. And us Newfies know how to respond.
at 0:23 Mark Critch does the world a huge favour.
11. Over 20 feet of snow in 3 months.
To all of you (The United States) who overreact about a few inches, remember what you just read.
12. 70 kms per hour? That’s barely a breeze by!
In fall, When newfoundland has its “hurricane” season, and the local stations predict 100+ kms/hr. We don’t understand how that day is different from any other day.
13. We can make you honorary Newfies!
Kissing a cod isn’t as odd as you think down here.
14. On monday morning..
This could be our weather one day.
15. And tuesday..
And this is the next day.
16. Thank you Drew.
It’s a waste of time looking up the weather, even the hourly forecast.
17. This is a common sight in the winter.
But, since it’s Newfoundland, we still have to go to work/school.
18. The moose eating sharks aren’t doing their job
It’s not uncommon to see moose all over town, university campuses, backyards, in houses.
19. Breaking news in Newfoundland.
Classic evening news
But it’s still beautiful, that one day a year.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.