¾ cup all-purpose flour
⅓ cup Nestlé®Toll House® Baking Cocoa
¾ teaspoon baking powder
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
½ cup butter, softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup Nestle Tollhouse Semi-Sweet Morsels
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2½ cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon peppermint extract
⅔ cup crushed candy canes, divided
1. Cookies: Sift together flour, Nestlé®Toll House® Baking Cocoa, baking powder, and kosher salt. Stir, then set aside.
2. Place butter and both sugars in a medium bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients, then stir in Nestlé®Toll House® Semi-Sweet Morsels.
4. Chill dough for at least an hour or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 325ºF (300ºF for convection ovens).
6. Using a 1 tablespoon-size scoop, scoop out cookies onto a baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. Gently flatten with your palm or the bottom of a measuring cup.
7. Bake 12–14 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from oven and let cookies cool completely.
8. Buttercream: Place butter, powdered sugar, and kosher salt in a bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. Beat in peppermint extract and ⅓ cup crushed candy canes.
9. Spread buttercream on the flat side of a cookie. Top with another cookie to make a sandwich. Roll the edges of the cookie in the rest of the crushed candy canes. Enjoy!