We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Let's be real, not everybody shaves or waxes. Lots of choices — bald eagle, Bermuda triangle, full bush...it's all about what feels right for you.
1. A shave cream by Fur designed with olive oil extracts, vitamin E, antimicrobial tea tree oil and lavender oil for a soothing and moisturizing whipped formula.
2. A Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle razor with a built-in waterproof bikini trimmer on the other end, so you can maintain your bikini line without having to schedule an appointment.
My colleague Katy Herman believes this razor is a #musthave for anyone who does their own hair removal and/or maintenance in the comfort of their home.
She says: "These razors have been my go-tos for years, and the trimmer is shockingly sturdy for one attached to a drugstore razor. The regular razor end is a great moisturizing razor on its own, too, so you can totally reach for this on days when you're not, uh, planning to make a trip into the bush. It's so easy to use as soon as you open it — just pop the one included battery in and it's ready. I won't be without one of these in my shower!"
Promising review: "This 2-in-1 razor is a must! It does a great job, works well, and is super easy to use. when using the trimmer it cuts and removes perfectly, it doesn't do a close shave but it does a nice buzz. It's the perfect size for the bikini area and I haven't cut myself. After using the razor my skin felt super smooth. recommend buying it here much more affordable than buying it at CVS. If you are looking for a 2-in-1 razor definitely recommend giving this one a try." —April keeling
Get it from Amazon for $12.12.
3. A foaming wash designed for vulvas by someone with a vulva to help keep your pH balanced with a cruelty-free, plant-based formula.
The vagina may be self-cleaning, but the vulva is not. So, I use this soap. I love it, but my pump has broken, so I don't get to use it as often as I'd like. But when I was using it consistently, I could definitely feel a "difference" in my nether regions. Anyways, this product is created with natural ingredients, including coconut oil, lavender, grapefruit seed extract and apple cider vinegar. For people with more sensitive skin, there's also a Sensitive Foaming Wash.
Promising reviews: "I use this wash daily, mind you growing up I have never used a feminine wash. I've been using this product, I want to say for about four to five years. This product works very well. I like the scent, how fresh I feel and the foaming action. Sometimes the pumps malfunction but I have learned to keep a properly working one in the event that happens. This item is also a staple in my home." —Paddy Monthly
"I use this wash in the shower every day. I feel like it gets me cleaner than regular soap or other feminine washes. I sweat a lot and this was keeps me feeling fresh longer." —Gigi
The Honey Pot Company is a Black- and woman-owned small business that creates vaginal health products for people with vaginas using plant-derived and cruelty-free ingredients.
4. A set of highly rated wax strips that'll make waxing at home feel like less of an experiment. Reviewers say these ones really do remove hair effectively without leaving a lot of that annoying sticky residue behind either.
Included in this kit are 40 large strips that can be cut into smaller strips to be used on your face, legs, arms, underarms and bikini area. Pro-tip: some reviewers suggest using a blow-dryer to warm up the strips before application rather than your hands.
Promising reviews: "These waxing strips work! They removed every hair everywhere I put them. Even my tough bikini area...but be careful how you set them there! Cutting the strips into smaller pieces is how I managed that. Some pain should be expected." —Laurie G.
"These have been a lifesaver. I have very sensitive skin and shaving irritates my armpits and bikini area so bad. I have tried so many wax strips and they all had a downside but these do not! They take off way more hair than other strips. They don’t cause irritation or rashes like I have gotten from similar brands. Obviously you have to follow the directions, but as long as you do, they won’t rip off your skin with the hair. I also use them for my eyebrows by cutting smaller strips from the big ones and they don’t break me out like other strips have. These are my go-to." —jose kim
Get it from Amazon for $12.99 (40 strips).
5. A sleek waterproof trimmer by Bushbalm designed to deliver a comfortable grooming experience whether you're prepping for a wax, trimming the hedges or just straight-up removing all your body hair.
This trimmer boasts a five-hour run time on a full charge, so you can leave it in the bathroom without worry for at least a couple shaves. Not to mention, a pre-wax and shaving guard allows you to customize the height of the trimmer to your preferred length for any body part.
Promising reviews: "This thing is so soft to hold and then using it is a dream. I love that it is waterproof so I can keep it in the shower and it doesn’t catch on my gentle areas." —Anonymous
"This trimmer is amazing! It's sleek and elegant, it trims and shaves beautifully, and is absolutely amazing quality for the price. It's the Rolls Royce of trimmers. Yes it's a little more than some typical companies we know if, but it is most definitely worth it. It even comes with a little cleaning liquid, to keep it tip-top. If you're on the fence, you won't regret it." —Aimee M.
Get it from Bushbalm for $65.
6. Or a cordless, water-resistant trimmer with four lengths and a three-blade system for effortless trimming and/or shaving that helps speed up the grooming process.
7. A bottle of Tend Skin Solution, a multi-use, post-shaving product that helps reduce the appearance of painful razor bumps, ingrown hair and razor burn, so shaving sensitive areas becomes less of a chore and more of a confidence boost.
The main ingredient in this solution is isopropyl alcohol, so there's a bit of a sting to it, but some reviewers say it's worth the relief. No pain, no gain? (Of course, I come from a family that puts isopropyl alcohol on everything, so I kinda like it.)
Promising reviews: "At first I was bit unsure if I could trust the reviews of this product. I was experiencing really bad ingrown hairs around my bikini line. I decided to do some research and found this product. I also wash my bikini line with koljic acid soap before applying this. It’s only been a week and I see a HUGE difference. So worth the price! I can now wear a bikini without feeling self conscious!!!" —Chrissy G.
"I take a cotton ball soaked with the tend skin on it and rub it along my bikini line after each time I shave and it has worked unbelievably well! I get compliments on my 'Brazilian wax' every time I go to the pool or beach and it’s literally just this shit. There’s NO ingrown hairs, ZERO razor bumps, it makes your skin look so smooth and perfect. If your skin is more sensitive it can sting a little, but other than that I cannot recommend this stuff more." —Anonymous
Get it from Amazon for $29.95.
8. Veet's sensitive hair removal gel which has over 27,000 5-star reviews on Amazon, so I'll let the reviewers explain why you should add this to your routine. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
9. An ingrown hair treatment oil that flies off the (virtual) shelves because of how it helps soothe irritated skin after waxing or shaving.
One of my colleagues raves about this oil as one of her essentials. And she's not wrong — I used the sampler trio and my favorite oil of the bunch was The Nude Oil. I definitely saw results in one to two weeks, which was exciting because I have a constant battle with ingrown hairs after shaving. But don't just take it from us...
Promising reviews: "Not a day goes by where I do not use the Nude Oil on my body. After using it for the past few months, I’ve noticed less red bumps and no ingrowns after shaving. Love this stuff!" —Madeline D.
"I never thought I’d say I’m in love with a 'bush balm' but I am! It has been a game-changer for the redness and occasional ingrown hair I experience 'down there.' Hair is softer, grows in more evenly and I can shave with way less irritation! This will be a huge game changer for swim season!!" —Anonymous
Get it from Bushbalm for $26.
10. A lavender vulva cream that helps soothe, calm and moisturize irritated skin without disrupting your pH.
This cream boasts a plant-based formula enriched with cooling mint, soothing lavender and restorative coconut oil.
Promising reviews: "This is the best stuff!! I’ve tried all the itch reliefs and this one hits it out of the park. The substance is very thick but the trick I found is to twist the top off and get it that way instead of through the flip cap. Works great!!" —Delaneyb22
"Warm the tube up with your hands a little and the cream will come right out of the tube. This product is amazing and gets rid of a lot of my burning and itching from chronic yeast infections. It works better than the Vagisil cream i bought. bonus points for being natural, cruelty-free and Black owned!" —jil
Get it from Target for $9.99.
11. A shaving cream with a cheeky name that'll help prevent razor burns and bumps, as well as ingrown hairs.
12. Cirepil's The Original Blue wax that aims to make at-home waxing quick and painless. These high-quality beads melt into a creamy gel that gently wraps around head-to-toe body hair allowing for easy breezy removal without needing wax strips, meaning you'll save some dough without compromising quality.
Promising reviews: "Most. Thorough. Labia. Strips. Ever! No one wants to have to do touch-up strips on the most sensitive area of their nether bits. One pass was all it took; I barely had to do any touchup tweezing. Is the photo TMI? Maybe. Are you looking at this wax because you are wanting to buy a good products for your nether bits? Probably. This is definitely the way to go." —Saundra
"I have been using this product ever since I moved to Japan four years ago. I use it mainly for Brazilian waxing on myself and I also do eyebrows and over the lip peach fuzz. In my opinion it's best for Brazilian and it's so-so for face hair as I have to apply like three times to get the smoothest results. I hardly ever get ingrown hairs and I recommend you use azulene oil for removal as it works great." —Anonymous
Get it from Amazon from $23.99+ (available in two sizes and one kit).
13. A roll-on 2-in-1 shaving oil and aftershave moisturizer that can be used from head-to-toe before, during and after your shaving routine to help reduce razor bumps and cleanse and moisturize skin.
Enriched with a hydrating blend of essential oils, this oil is gentle enough to be used everywhere, including delicate areas like the vulva, scrotum, perineum, and of course, the butt.
Promising review: "One of my staples! I shave my pubic hair regularly and rolling this baby on afterwards is a life-saver and helps prevent and soothe any redness, irritation, and bumps."
Get it from The Butters Hygienics Co for $18.
The Butters Hygienics Co. is a Black- and queer-owned business based in Michigan that creates products using simple ingredients and hand-crafted in the owner's kitchen. In true millennial fashion, they want you to be able to afford quality body products that do what the bottles say they do.
14. A Beardscape trimmer, designed with a ceramic blade and five speed settings, that Reddit users swear is the best of the best when it comes to grooming below the belt.
15. Fur's Stubble Cream, which is an all-over moisturizer enriched with a blend of safflower oil, shea butter and tea tree oil to help soften hair as it grows back and minimize ingrown hairs.
16. A vegan sugar body scrub that'll leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and smelling sweet with a hint of tangerine and vanilla essential oils.
This is my favorite exfoliator. My go-to. I use it all over and I love the smell. I also use it to exfoliate my tattoos and afterwards the colors pop and look almost brand new. Post-shaving, again everywhere, and it makes my underarms, pubic area and legs feel smoother and moisturized even before toweling off and moisturizing. I pair this scrub with the matching oil and I'm obsessed.
Promising reviews: "The smell is incredible, there's barely any excess waters in it diluting the product so I know it'll last a long time. Used it a few times and I can already see a difference in my skin. Excited to see how great my skin is once the tub is gone!" —Emily M.
"I’ve had great results from this product! Smells amazing and has significantly improved the smoothness of my bikini area. I definitely would recommend!" —Anonymous
Get it from Bushbalm for $23.
17. A Billie razor with a simple plastic handle and a cartridge subscription, so you don't have to struggle with a dull razor or try to pick a new one from all the choices in the aisle — not to mention, an effortless and comfortable shave.
I've been using a Billie razor for years, and I love it. I set my subscription up, so that every three months I get a new pack of replacement cartridges and because I shave...less in the winter, I have a comfortable stock and never have to use a dull blade. Speaking of blades, these razors have cushy charcoal soap that lathers as you shave, making for an even closer cut. I tell everyone I know who hates being bothered with shaving to try out Billie — plus, when I am wrapping up my winter "hibernation" period, this blade removes hair...effortlessly.
Starter kit includes: A Billie handle (available in five colors), a magnetic holder, and two five-blade razor cartridges. And once you choose a subscription plan, Billie will send you replacement razor heads right to your mailbox.
Promising reviews: "I was skeptical that this razor would be different from any other razor. I will never use a different razor. I love the way my legs look and feel. So easy and quick to get the perfect shave!" —Sofia P.
"The razor feels solid and steady in your hand, the shape fits the curvy surfaces women shave, super sharp, and everything was shipped as expected. I’ve struggled with sensitive skin and overpriced razors — this is a refreshing change!" —Jessica L.
Get it from Billie for $9/month (razors available in six colors).
18. A hard sugaring wax kit for normal to coarse hair removal that can be used for Brazilian and bikini waxing, as well as underarms, legs and toes!
The hard wax of sugaring allows users to wax with their hands instead of strips and the same "strip" of wax can be reused in the same session. But if you'd rather use a strip to keep your hands clean, this kit includes eight non-reusable wax strips.
BTW if you're brand new to sugaring (or waxing in general), this brand recommends trying their soft sugaring kit first (depending on what kind of hair you're trying to remove and your comfort level). It's designed for softer hairs like peach fuzz or finer hairs on your legs and stomach, but it's also bit less ~intense~ for a first round.
Promising reviews: "I LOVEEEEE. Seriously, best sugaring wax ever. I thought I found a shop I loved but their shop was on vacation so I ordered here and wow the difference. The consistency is much thicker. It doesn’t melt in your hand. Doesn’t get stuck on you or in your hair from melting due to body temperature. Finished both legs in about 40 minutes. Brazilian took about 30 minutes. With other waxes, they’d get stuck in the same spot for the Brazilian but this one yanked the stubborn area right out. I am obsessed and so glad to have found this shop." —Amanda m.
"Amazing! Worth every penny. I just got my first Brazilian and purchased the hard wax to be able to wax myself at home. This wax is really good and I'm glad I purchased it!! I even waxed my face and other extremities and it took off even small hairs!" —Marlika
Blue Milk & Honey is a Texas-based, Black-owned business established in 2019 that specializes in sugar wax, sugaring paste, and body care products. Each kit comes with 8–10 waxing strips. To use, either warm by hand or in the microwave, apply to freshly-cleaned skin, and apply by hand; you can remove hair with or without the waxing strips.
19. A bottle of signature Fur Oil designed for softening and cleansing pubic hair and skin to tackle those pesky ingrowns and deliver healthier skin below the belt.
20. An acne-control body mist formulated with salicylic acid, tea tree oil and witch hazel for a fast-drying mist that helps combat breakouts because it's true, you can get acne...anywhere.
This mist is designed with a 360-degree continuous spray to cover those hard-to-reach areas (like your back or your butt) and help combat bacteria, control excess oil, calm inflammation and soothe redness.
Promising reviews: "I did not have high hopes for this stuff, I've dealt with stubborn acne on my shoulders and back for years, and after using this daily for a few weeks it is actually working. I've also been using it on my armpits and bikini line to help with razor burn and it's cleared that up too. It is a little tacky once applied — I think that might be the glycerin, but it doesn't bother me at all. The continuous spray works really well but you get a lot less product than the packaging size would indicate." —ItsMeSweetBB
"I’ve had body acne since i was a teenager (will be 25 this year). I’d pretty much accepted my fate until I found this product. While I’m not COMPLETELY clear, this product cleared up my skin about 90%, and did so without drying out my skin! My chest, back and booty skin feel soft and smooth AND have minimal breakouts. I’ll be a repeat customer for this one" —Caitlin96
Get it from Versed for $14.99.
21. Or an acne-clearing spot treatment that works on your butt...and thighs...and bikini line...and pretty much anywhere you have acne on your body.
22. A roll-on aftershave serum to help relieve and repair ingrown hairs, razor burn and razor bumps.
24. A stick of Body Glide anti-chafing balm that you can apply between your thighs to avoid that annoying skin irritation you get from simply walking around on a hot or humid day.
This vegan balm boasts a plant-derived formula that helps keep pores clog-free and lets skin breather because we shouldn't have to suffer to look cute on a toasty summer day.
Promising reviews: "I will NEVER wear dresses or shoes or bikinis without this. I used to get chafing so bad it would be super inflamed and super embarrassing. Once I tried this, i couldn’t believe it. It lasted hours in hot and humid weather, it stayed on while I swam and now i see why the hype about it." —SNMS
"I purchased this cause my lower region was struggling to stay comfortable during this hot and muggy summer as I work outdoors moving around a lot. Day one I noticed a significant difference being in the 90+ temperature along with 65%+ humidity. Even putting it to the ultimate test in the swap reserves of New Orleans. It’s like my cheeks and dangle berries are on cloud nine wearing this. Sure you still sweat, but it’s like it extracts your sweat to continue on flowing away while maintaining a velvety kush between thine thighs. If you ever have a concern with your lower region, or any region of your body rubbing raw, slap this stick upon you and bring on the good feeling." —Jeromy Smith
Get it from Amazon for $8+ (available in three sizes).