1. The first few weeks on the ship will be REALLY fucking hard.
2. Seasickness is no joke.
3. PB&J sandwiches are honest-to-god lifesavers.
4. Seasickness aside, you'll eventually get the best sleep of your life.
5. Your professors will see you in all sorts of settings.
6. Diarrhea and vomiting become common dinner table conversation topics.
7. People will read your Seamails.
8. Airdrop and Odds are serious games at sea.
9. You live in one hell of a bubble.
10. You don't always stay in the city you port in.
11. Hydration has never been more important in your life.
12. You will most likely be hungover every day in port.
13. The crew is honestly the best.
14. And the professors are out of this world.
15. And, finally, you'll make friends for life.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!