Whether you've moved back home or haven't moved out yet, living with your parents certainly isn't your ideal situation.
But it's not without its fair share of laughs and heartwarming moments. It's basically like a sitcom.
1. Your dad tells jokes like there's a laugh track.
2. Your mom, too. It's almost as if somebody's writing these comebacks for them.
3. Sometimes they say something so absurd you wish there'd be a live studio audience watching along with you.
4. You might see yourself as the main character. They treat you like you're one-dimensional...
5. ...always involving themselves in whatever you have going on.
6. "I didn't ask for your advice, Dad, but thanks, I guess." —you and every sitcom kid ever
7. But then, later in the season, you realize that they were absolutely right.
8. Your parents' friends, your grandparents, your strange but lovable next door neighbor = the guest stars of your life at home.
9. Being around your parents 24/7 seems to just amplify the family craziness.
10. Having a sweet moment with your S.O.? Your parents WILL interrupt it.
11. Yet you have absolutely no idea WTF they do when you're not around.
12. And even though your plot lines get way too entwined sometimes...
13. ...at the end of the episode (err, day), you recognize that you really do love them, and it's nice having them around.
All images courtesy of NBC.