2. It might be easy to forget that this is a photo of a person. Probably someone who doesn’t know he’s being made fun of.
6. The crazy thing? We probably wouldn’t do that in a big stadium. We’d look around and realize, Hey, we’re laughing at a person. That’s kind of mean.
8. And we forget this incredibly important concept.
14. And there are real people out there who could use an encouraging word today.
15. So let’s reward someone who was brave enough to put her work out there. Here’s Michaiah Henry with her original song, “Dreamer.”
16. I don’t know who she is, but she is clearly a person. (And a talented one at that.)
17. Keep up the good work, Michaiah. Keep up all the good things you’re doing, all you real people on the internet.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.