1. Because you'll get to shutdown bullshit in the most badass way possible and not be considered an asshole:
2. Because it's one of the few jobs where you're actually encouraged to question everything instead of obeying orders.
3. Because Carl Sagan knows best:
4. Because it's the only profession where playing with testicles all day is not creepy AND it earns you respect:
5. Because you'll look hot.
6. Because things like this are way more fun than a boring copy machine:
7. Because you're not like the others.
8. Because you can indulge your pyro itch.
9. Because you have awesome taste in TV shows.
10. Because you literally can't do anything else.
11. Because there's more to life than being a wage slave.
12. Because staring at a screen all day in a dimly-lit cubicle just isn't healthy.
13. Because you believe that things belong in a museum.
14. Because you'll see something miraculous everyday.
15. Because you recognize that it's pointless to be the 'best of the best' at a banal, meaningless job.
16. Because puns are a scientists' best friend.
17. Because the thirst for knowledge is infinite.
18. Because you're naturally inquisitive.
19. Because you're not stuck in your views.
20. Because you grew up and realized it's a good career.
21. Because you like finding out what this little guy is all about:
22. Because you can't get rid of the itch to be a scientist.
23. Because you'll actually get to be the "first" at something.
24. Because holy shit, SHARKS!
25. Because your mind doesn't become numb.
26. Because regular jobs are meh.
27. Because what else is a depressed alcoholic gonna do?
28. Because THIS is your office:
29. Because FUCK IT, why not?
If you wanna see more reasons scientists chose their careers, check out the #IAmAScientist on Twitter.
Thumbnail via Florian F.
Contact Natasha Umer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.