We asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us their most unpopular wedding opinions. Here are the controversial results.
1. "Speeches are terrible! Nobody cares that you were best friends in elementary school. We all just wanna eat and get drunk, so hurry it up!"
2. "Wearing a white wedding dress is so unbelievably overrated. Queen Victoria is why the white wedding dress thing exists. Wear the color you like in the style you like."
3. "Bouquet tosses are humiliating for your single friends. It’s like throwing your garbage at them because they’re not married yet."
4. "I was very against having a veil over my face. I think it’s an outdated, sexist tradition rooted in misogyny."
"Plus, I paid all this money to get my makeup done — you all are gonna see it!"
5. "Head tables with the entire bridal party are horrible. They separate the partners of the bridal party members from the only person they usually know at the whole wedding. It just feels cruel!"
6. "Don’t have bridesmaids. Not all friendships last, and to have their faces in a lot of wedding pictures just ruins the picture."
7. "Having an open bar is ridiculous and expensive. Offer wine on the tables during the meal/toasts, but let your guests get hammered on their own dime."
8. "Your first dance should last no longer than one minute. No one wants to watch you badly dance for a whole song."
9. "Don’t invite babies. No one wants to hear Jessicha crying during the middle of the vows."
10. "Weddings are huge parties to celebrate your love. Go big or go home."
"I had acrobats at my wedding and put on a show for my guests."
11. "Modern weddings are all about the bride: It’s her big day! Except it actually isn’t — it’s her parents’ day."
"It’s the culmination of all their hard work. It’s their announcement to family and friends that she's leaving their home and establishing her own."
12. "Wearing white to a wedding is fine. It's just a color, so what? No one is going to 'steal' the attention away from the bride."
14. "The garter toss just makes me uncomfortable. Like, I know y’all have sex, but I don’t need to see your head go up her dress."
15. "Most of the time when the couple writes their own vows, they are cringey, lame, and sappy, and they don’t reflect the proper gravity of what you’re meant to be committing."
"I really love the traditional vows. My husband and I used them, and I could imagine our ancestors all echoing the timeless words."
16. "The idea of bride and groom not seeing one another before the wedding is a dumb, superstitious tradition."
"If your wedding day is meant to be the best day of your life, why not spend it with your soon-to-be spouse?"
17. And "Get married wherever you want. It’s your day, no one else’s. If you want to have a destination wedding on the other side of the world, go for it."
"It might even surprise you how much money it will save you."