Here are just some of the funniest and oddly believable dumb things people believed when they were children:
1. "I thought Barbara Bush was Eve from the Bible. The news said she was the First Lady, and I didn't know what else that could mean. Plus, she did look pretty old from my perspective."
2. "My parents used to say they worked to make money, so I thought their job was actually printing money."
4. "I didn't know turn signals were manual — I thought the car just knew where we were going."
5. "I used to think that people would come in the night and cut off any appendages not covered by blankets. I conveniently convinced myself heads didn't count — because that would be too gross."
6. "That when I turned 10, I would be able to see Pokémon in the world. My 10th birthday was a little disappointing."
7. "I thought that being fired at work meant you were actually incinerated."
15. "I thought that sex was boring because my concept was a dude sticking it in a woman and just leaving it in overnight. The sperm loads like a computer file."
There we have it, folks! What dumb thing did you believe as a kid? LMK in the comments!
Note: Submissions have been edited for clarity and length.