4. Fix up a kid’s table with wrapping paper and durable paint:
If you’re wanting to go even cheaper, you could skip the metallic seats on the chairs and paint them to match the rest of the wood (and use less expensive wrapping paper). Get the tutorial here.
7. Dress up a side table in contact paper and spray paint:
You can use whatever combination of spray paint and contact paper your heart desires. See how to do it here.
8. Replace your boring dome light with a pretty lampshade:
They made this for only $32! Get the how-to here.
9. Sand and paint an old wooden chair to make it new again:
This tutorial calls for chalk paint, but you can use any outdoor safe paint that you’d like. Get the tutorial here.
16. Screw brass casters to the bottom of a cheap shelf for an instant bar cart slash portable bookcase:
The big brass drawer pulls that serve as the handles of this cart are a little pricey, but you can skip those if you prefer. Learn how to make this happen here.
18. Stitch trim onto your chairs to make them look extra ~fancy~:
(These chairs were also painted, but the trim is the coolest part here). See the surprisingly simple step-by-step tutorial here.
26. Use scrap leather to make pretty modern drawer pulls:
They also painted this desk, obviously. See how to make the handles happen here.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a river near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 33. "We're expecting the worst and hoping for the best," officials said Sunday.
- An anti-establishment wave has prompted Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi to resign after losing a constitutional referendum.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏