1. Fill up an empty jar or container with salt (inexpensive, and it doesn’t attract bugs), then use it to store your makeup brushes.
2. Cook several quesadillas on Sunday, then portion and freeze them so you have a quick, healthy breakfast every morning.
Then just microwave them the morning of, and munch on the go (they’re commute-friendly, if you don’t have time to sit down to nom before you have to head out, which, who are we kidding here). Get the recipe for these freezer-friendly white bean and spinach whole-grain quesadillas here.
4. Give everyone in your family a lingerie bag for their socks (custom decoration optional), so you never worry about losing socks again.
5. Install a tension curtain rod ($4.99 here) above your kitchen sink to make it easy to find your towel and sponge.
Read more about it here. You can use it for your hand towel, brush storage, and even for clipping your sponge up (using a binder clip) so it completely dries out every time.
6. If your air conditioner isn’t getting your house as cool as it should be, go check on the filter.
This can also help with your allergies! Pro tip: When you change the filter, write that day’s month, year, and date. That way, you always know the last time you changed it. (You can also set a calendar reminder on your phone for three months in the future so you remember to check on it in time.) Read more about changing filters here.
7. If you’re moving this summer, consider using this super-simple color key system.
It is 1000 times faster to stick a few red dots on a packed box than to write “living room” on each side. And once you’ve moved, it’s so much easier to spot red dots than it is to try to read what you scribbled during your last-minute packing. Read more about the system here.
- Sean Spicer today said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, a pledge that came after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales once again continued to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉