1. Make it an accent color in a few small places.
2. Find blue art prints on places like Minted and Etsy.
3. Or opt for a super affordable reproduction of a blue print.
4. And add a few small blue pieces like pillows and throws.
5. Or blue lamps...
6. ...a rustic blue lantern...
To guide your midnight snack adventures. Get one for $29.99 here.
7. ...or a stack of pretty blue books.
8. Make a bigger color statement with blue ceiling-to-floor curtains.
9. Or a dip-dyed mosquito net to drape around your pillows.
10. Cover an accent wall in your favorite blue wallpaper.
11. Or go all out and slather your walls in your favorite shade.
12. Navy walls are maybe the most dramatic of all.
13. Use your deep denim color to accent a bookshelf if the wall color feels like it's a little much.
14. Or the door to the bathroom (whether or not it's a fancy barn door).
15. Make all of your big pieces of furniture blue, like your dresser.
16. Or a pretty chair for your reading nook.
17. Build yourself a tufted turquoise headboard to draw attention to what matters most in your room (the bed, duh).
18. Or paint a simple wooden cutout with a linen texture.
19. Monochromatic bedding also ~draws the eye~ to your cozy bed.
20. Blue sheets are a great way to sneak in a subtle reference to your favorite Doctor.
21. Dial up the monochromatic mood to a 10, and go for blue bedding, blue walls, and maybe even blue accessories.
22. If you want to go as far as refinishing your floors, you COULD tint your polyurethane.
23. Or just cover your floors with an over-dyed rug.
All you really need is a thrifted rug and a bunch of dye — here's how to do it.