1. Turn a beaten up "antique" turkey into a classy planter.
Thanks, white paint! See the tutorial here.
2. Cover your Halloween gourds with a coat of a glossy fall color.
You can also go for a coat of all-gold.
3. "Gild" your silverware too, if you're really going for the gold.
4. Upgrade some old serving ware.
5. This also works with cornucopias!
6. Count your blessings with this leaf garland.
7. One more gourd before we move on: turn cheap plastic things into pretty place card holders.
These use hammered metallic spray paint, instead of shiny gold. Learn how to make them here.
8. Turn an elementary school craft project into classy, shiny snowflakes.
9. Dry out acorns, glue them to a wreath, then paint them to match your front porch.
10. Pick some pretty branches from your local park and paint them your favorite metallic color.
12. Magically turn normal glass into faux mercury glass with white vinegar and metallic paint.
13. Use some spare lace trim to dress up some dollar store candle holders.
14. Make your Menorah a giant, window-sized Menorah.
15. Or make a ~fancier~ Menorah with silver and gold paint, and a decorative star made out of dowels.
16. Illuminate the room with up-cycled luminaries.
17. Decorate your mantle with wooden letters.
18. Make a classic craft classier with a coat of silver spray paint.
19. Make the lights part of the centerpiece with a couple coats of gold spray paint.
20. Spritz a few magnolia leaves silver and put them in a cheery wreath.
21. Make dollar store nutcrackers look like they jumped out of the West Elm catalog.
22. Use stained glass spray paint to turn clear candleholders a vintage red.
Read more about it here.
23. Cut out a Nativity from chip board, then spray paint to match the rest of your Christmas decor.
25. Make a white christmas tree a ~trendy~ ombré.
26. Turn a thrifted mirror into a chalkboard for your favorite Christmas carol.
Chalkboard spray paint FTW. Get the tutorial here.
27. While the chalkboard paint is out, spray some small ornaments to make custom, re-useable gift tags.
28. Make gold ornaments out of cheap magnet letters.
Or skip the ornament hanger, glue a magnet on the back, and put them on your fridge. (Go all out and do all the words to your favorite song, I dare you). See how to make them here.