21 Useful Products Under $10 That'll Actually Help Improve Your Closet
Closet solutions that are both smart and affordable.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A copy of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up to inspire you to sort through all the clothes, shoes, accessories, and other things you've stashed and stuffed in your closet for years.
2. A set of boot inserts so your favorite fall and winter kicks don't take up more than their fair share of closet square footage.
3. A $6 framed full-length mirror you can easily mount on your closet door using Command picture-hanging strips — it'll help you catch any rogue stains on the leg of your jeans when you wear 'em the third day in a row, plus it just feels good to know you look great as you walk out the door.
4. A pair of charcoal shoe deodorizers to suck the stench out of your stinkiest pairs so your entire closet doesn't eternally reek of smelly feet.
5. A two-pack of touch lights you can hang with removable adhesive strips perfect for illuminating small closets that don't have an overhead bulb.
6. A hanging shelf for all your other shoes, so you can keep your closet floor clear for, y'know, walking into it to see everything you have.
7. Some wrinkle releaser spray because I can't think of a single person who actually has the time and energy to spend ironing in this day and age.
8. A set of four compartmented drawer organizers because you won't believe how nice and neat your socks, underwear, scarves, belts, tights and ties will look when they're tucked away in its compartments — even if you get a little lazy and just sorta stuff a pair in to each slot.
9. A specialty pants hanger that will free up tons of closet rod space, because your jeans will suddenly take up less than half the horizontal space they do now.
10. A six-tier hanger made especially for skirts and shorts which, even though they don't take up as much space as jeans, will still add a few precious empty inches to your closet rod.
11. And a sturdy blouse-and-shirt tree with coated anti-slip arms so your tops (and cardigans) can all get in on the space-saving game, too.
12. Or a set of eight stainless chrome closet cascaders so you can gain a bit more hanging space and still use all the hangers you already have.
13. A slim scarf holder that will keep your entire collection easy-to-access and wrinkle-free, so you can wear all your favorites through the winter.
14. A set of two tie racks that do exactly what they're supposed to do: neatly store your ties and make them easy to grab one at a time.
15. A classic over-the-door pocket organizer with 24 slots — it basically stores anything your heart desires, from shoes to leggings to scarves to hats to baby clothes or kids hair accessories.
16. An valet hook that sits on top of your door and patiently holds onto any hangers you decide to set aside, because you're not about to dry clean everything after you wear it once, but you don't love the idea of hanging worn clothes back with all your clean ones, either.
18. A hanging purse organizer because you'll actually remember to carry your favorite bags if you can see 'em all every day.
19. A double-hang closet rod that will multiply your hanging space in an instant without requiring a single ounce of effort on your part.
20. A two-sided jewelry organizer — it slides onto a hanger so you have all the makings of the perfect outfit in once easy place.
21. A protective garment bag to make sure your nicest pieces (like your $$$ winter coats) *stay* nice and don't get dusty, even when you don't wear them for a while.
Now that we've all transformed our closets, anyone have ideas about how to solve this problem?
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.