We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A windshield ice cover so you (fingers crossed!) never have to painstakingly scrape ice off your most important window ever again.
2. Or a gallon of de-icing windshield wiper fluid because it's wayyy better to sit in your warm car, spritzing and running your wipers and the defroster, than to face the freezing temperatures head on.
3. And for all your other windows, a two-step ice scraper that you can count on to crunch through even thick ice in no time at all. First you chip and loosen it with the toothed end:
Then you satisfyingly smooth off what's left with the flat end:
4. A telescoping (up to 52 inches!) foam broom perfect for efficiently pushing piles of heavy wet snow off your hood, windshield, and roof — *without* using up every ounce of energy you woke up with that morning.
5. A double-handled snow shovel — the second handle makes it incredibly easy to lift the heavy snow-laden end, making your driveway-clearing as efficient as possible.
6. And a smaller shovel that will fit snugly in your trunk in preparation for those times where you leave work, the mall, dinner, or whatever only to discover your car was surrounded.
7. A pack of two yard-long traction mats to keep in your trunk just in case you or another poor soul somehow get stuck in a snowdrift, or need some help getting from your powder-packed driveway to the plowed street.
8. And/or straight-up snow chains because when there's more than a few inches on the ground, you're gonna need that extra traction for every single mile.
9. A bottle of spray de-icer — it's good to keep on hand for those times you discover your doors, trunk, or locks are frozen impossibly shut.
10. A set of waterproof rubber floor mats to protect your nice mats and upholstery from the unavoidable slush and mud. And because they're non-skid, they'll make it easier to drive with wet snow boots.
11. A pair of stretch-on ice cleats you can fit over any pair of boots (or shoes, technically, but are you really wearing anything but boots in this weather?) so you don't have to fear slipping on your icy driveway, or in your work's skating rink of a parking lot.
12. And a pair (or several!) of heat-retaining socks that will work hard to keep your toes toasty-warm, even on those mornings your snowed-in vehicle needs some extra TLC.
13. A pair of blindspot mirrors — if they make changing lanes, backing up, and parallel parking easier in the best of times, they're even more useful to have when conditions aren't so sunny.
14. Of course, a first aid kit if you don't have one already, because that's a basic car essential whatever the weather.
15. Some magnetic LED road flares that you hope you'll never need, but will be grateful to have if you ever do.
16. And while we're on emergency preparedness, a set of 16-foot-long jumper cables with a plastic coating designed to stay flexible down to negative 40 degrees.
17. A car charger and cable for your phone so you can always feel assured you'll be able to make an emergency call — even if it's just to a friend (or your mom) to come help you in a pinch.
18. Two magnetic emergency flashlights/floodlights who arrive ready to shine a bright light directly on your work area — and not in anyone's eyes.
19. A lightweight air compressor for those mornings when the temperature's dropped significantly, which means your tire pressure's probably no longer up to par.
20. A wool blanket or two to tuck away in your emergency kit on the off chance you need something to keep you super warm without the car's heater running.
21. And a heated blanket so you have something cozy to wrap yourself in while you wait for your engine to run long enough that you can FINALLY activate your car's climate control.
Stay safe out there, y'all! (Slow down, leave enough space between your car and the next...you know the drill).
If you're still in the ~shopping mood~, we have plenty more where that came from!
Shopping for something specific? Check out BuzzFeed Reviews to find the best things for every budget!
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.