We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
We asked flight attendants in the BuzzFeed Community to tell us about all the best travel products, and here are their recommendations!
1. A collapsible, refillable, leakproof water bottle that won't take up a ton of room in your bag when you don't need it (like when you're going through security) but expands to hold a full 22 ounces that you can fill at a water fountain. TBH, pretty much every flight attendant who commented mentioned a refillable water bottle, because it's true that flying seriously dehydrates you!
2. Or a water bottle with a filter so you can fill your bottle at pretty much any sink or water fountain and KNOW that it's going to taste delicious, not funky or chlorine-y.
3. A resealable travel-size pack of antibacterial wipes because planes and airports can get germy, and these can wipe up a tray table and your hands before you eat, potentially saving you from someone else's cold.
4. A tube of Weleda Skin Food, which is an ultrarich, plant-based moisturizer that helps combat the dry skin that goes along with all the dehydration flying brings.
5. And for those extra-long flights, a pack of sheet masks to help give your skin an extra boost of serious moisture and hydration.
6. A set of four packing cubes so you can efficiently fit lots of clothing in your bag without messing up your careful folding and organization just because you need that one pair of pants that happen to be all the way at the bottom, beneath your neatly stacked tops.
7. A little collapsible travel kettle and a French press travel mug because hotel coffee is decidedly not tasty most of the time, and this lets you genuinely enjoy your morning caffeine boost.
8. A black sweater that you can rely on to keep you cozy pretty much however you happen to be dressed so you can pack light and stay warm every time the plane, hotel, museum, or restaurant is just a tad too chilly.
9. An Add-a-Lock, which will give you a little extra peace of mind (without taking up much space in your luggage), especially if you end up staying somewhere with a wobbly security chain.
10. A pair of compression socks — if your feet, ankles, or legs usually swell or ache when you have a long flight, these just might help prevent it next time.
11. Some silicone earplugs so you can completely avoid that terrible discomfort during landing and block out a bunch of the background noise without completely muting everything around you.
12. A lightweight and compact portable charger because your phone takes SO much stress out of travel — between providing entertainment, helping you find a good restaurant to try, and guiding you from A to B — and this will keep your battery out of the red.
13. Some tasty melatonin sleep gummies that can help boost your natural sleep hormones and help you feel relaxed so your international or red-eye flight doesn't leave you quite so exhausted on the other end.
14. An Amazon Fire TV Stick — it's especially useful if you travel regularly, because all you need is an HDMI port to turn any room's TV into your personalized smart TV.
15. And of course a Kindle Paperwhite because it lets you carry dozens of books with you at once but weighs just a little over 6 ounces — *and* can 100% handle it if you want to take it in the bath with you.
16. A pair of Clarks heels so you can look plenty professional but still stay comfortable on your business trips...even if you have to stand in a long line when you get to the airport and an even longer line at security.
17. A hydrating skin mist to help your skin hold on to moisture through long layovers — and to give yourself a moment where you can feel super fresh and maybe even relaxed.
18. An oversize travel cooler so you can prep and pack up to several days' worth of meals, if you prefer, and know they'll stay fresh and cold during the flight, stashed under the seat in front of you.
Want to be featured in future BuzzFeed posts? Follow the BuzzFeed Community on Facebook and Twitter!
Responses have been edited for length and/or clarity. Not all products were recommended by Community users.