Promising review: "I purchased this shredder three months ago. Love it!
I was looking for something basic for my home office.
- Instead of cutting vertically ("strip-cutting"), this shredder chops the sheets both horizontally and vertically ("cross-cut"). Instead of having some long spaghettis of papers, you get some little pieces of spaghettis, much harder for somebody to infer the original content.
- Automatic mode: the shredder starts automatically when you insert a sheet (you can disable this behavior). It will stop on its own if you don't insert anything else.
- The security trigger locks the shredder as soon you remove the head from the bin.
- Transparent window to see through to know when to empty the bin.
- Not noisy and it doesn't take much room.
Cons: Nothing for now." —Andrew
Get it on Amazon for $34.99. (If you have lots of shredding to do though, you could even just bring it to your local UPS or FedEx store, where they'll take care of it for you.)