We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Freshen up your sofa in a single step: stuff those throw pillows you're not in love with anymore into a brand new set of covers.
2. And dramatically transform a sofa or armchair that's seen better days with the help of an inexpensive slipcover.
3. Disguise the cords hanging from your wall-mounted TV with an inexpensive shower curtain rod.
4. Free up space for more decorative uses by consolidating your DVD collection in a disc keeper: it'll keep your movie collection perfectly protected but take up just 2.8 inches on your shelf.
5. Experiment with a few different furniture layouts to make the entire space feel refreshed without having to spend a single dime.
6. Erase old water stains and scratches from your antique coffee and side tables so they look nearly brand-new again with the help of a miracle wood finish restorer.
7. Or make smaller scuffed and scratched wood and veneer look brand new again — just color over the damage with wood markers.
8. Toss an ultra soft faux-fur throw over basically any piece of furniture to make it an inviting spot to curl up and read.
9. To make things even cozier, light a candle that'll make your entire living room smell like your favorite nook at the library.
10. Swap out your broken, boring, or otherwise just-blah switch plates for vintage-style gold ones for a surprisingly effective transformation that takes just five minutes.
11. Rescue your carpet, rugs, and upholstery from the stains you thought were impossible to remove: use a spray cleaner basically guaranteed to make your jaw drop the moment you see the "after."
12. Cover a blank stretch of wall with an oversized wood-framed favorite poster (or print, tea towel, or scarf) that you can switch out with the seasons — or just your daily mood.
13. Pull off a Pinterest-worthy before-and-after by covering your beat up or boring coffee table with marble-look contact paper.
14. Then style your new coffee table according to the 1-3-5 rule: group your decorative objects in ones, threes, or fives.
15. Freshen up a shelf or a corner near a window with a rubber tree or another plant.
16. ~Accentuate~ just one wall with a peel-and-stick wallpaper you can always easily remove if you get tired of it or have to move out.
17. Or enlist a different temporary wallpaper to add a playful splash of bright color to your bookshelves or built-ins.
18. Create the gallery wall of your dreams with very little effort thanks to a ready-to-hang frame set — it even comes with three different full-size templates to help you put the nails in precisely the right places.
19. Or finally put up all the pieces you've been collecting for a super personalized gallery wall: use newspaper or paper bags to create your own templates for the perfect arrangement...
...then hang everything with these specialty hooks, so you don't worry one bit about finding studs for the heaviest pieces.
20. No matter how and where you hang your art and photos, follow this rule so you can actually see the art you love so much.
21. Search your local hardware store for cheap carpet-remnants-turned-rugs, then use cardboard templates and paint markers to create your own statement design.
22. Coax a little extra light into a dark corner or create a focal point on your mantel with a gorgeous wall mirror that fits your decorating style.
23. Stash your extra pillows, throws, kid's toys, game controllers, and other miscellaneous (but essential!) clutter in a storage ottoman that doubles as a coffee table AND extra seating in a pinch.
24. Banish the sunlight that insists on intruding on your latest Netflix binge or movie marathon with a set of blackout curtains.
Now just relax on your couch and enjoy your own little before and after!
Looking for more stuff to help make your house a home? Check out the best places to buy inexpensive furniture online, the best places to buy couches online, cute home decor you’ll wish you knew about sooner, or check out all of our home content for even more great ideas.
Shopping for something specific? Check out BuzzFeed Reviews to find the best things for every budget!
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.