29 Products That'll Help You Feel More Responsible But Take Almost No Effort At All
For some low-stress, low-obligation adulting.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An alarm clock to wake you up with a relaxed, gradual sunrise, the way all of our bodies ~evolved~ to wake up, so you actually WANT to get out of bed in the morning. If gimmicky, loud, fight-or-flight alarms have failed you in the past, maybe something chill is what you've needed all along.
2. The Five-Minute Journal, which uses ~science~ to encourage a positive perspective on everyday life. It just might help you both a) get to sleep at the time you actually intend because it can curb those racing thoughts you can't dispel the moment your head hits the pillow and b) get more done during the day because you're in a happier, better mood.
3. Some Olly restful sleep gummies because they pack melatonin, l-thenanine, chamomile, and lemon balm (which, with their combined powers, can help boost your natural sleep hormones and help you feel relaxed, letting you actually fall asleep *at bedtime* / when you get in bed) into a tasty piece of candy.
4. Some Downy Wrinkle Releaser Spray that will smooth out all the dents in your shirts, dresses, pants, and skirts in one go — you'll look nice and sharp, and no one will know you skipped lugging out the iron and ironing board.
5. A weekly AM/PM pill organizer with removable daily compartments, so you can discreetly slip each day's doses in your pocket or purse. That way, you're more likely to actually to y'know, take them when your phone beeps to remind you, and they won't be at home, forgotten on your counter.
6. A toilet gel that you can stamp just under the rim to clean the bowl each and every time it's flushed, keeping your commode sparkling clean for up to 10 months in a row, no need to scrub regularly.
7. A wood polish and conditioner — you simply rub it on those water stains that mysteriously appeared on that gorgeous coffee table you inherited from your grandmother, so you don't have to notice them (and experience a pang of regret) once a day.
8. Glossier's Invisible Shield — it's a water-based serum sunscreen that smoothly glides onto your skin for seamless and translucent sun protection, because in order to actually wear a sunscreen every day (which is v. important!) you have to *like* how it feels on your skin.
9. Did You Feed The Dog so you can know at a glance if someone else in the house has fed your pup (or kitty, or fish) already, no need to spend precious energy and time pulling up the group text or hollering up the stairs.
10. A foaming garbage disposal cleaner that you simply drop in, run a little water, then let its fizz reach down into the depths of your disposer, ridding it of any built-up slime and grossness so you don't have to get your hands dirty.
11. A rapid egg cooker because it lets you cook two scrambled/poached eggs *or* half a dozen hard-boiled eggs to perfection, so you can actually like, eat a healthy-ish breakfast (or even meal-prep a few!) without spending ages over a hot stove.
12. A rhyming water bottle that's SO CUTE you'll find yourself making excuses to drink from it just so see the otter's adorable face. Before you know it you'll be regularly drinking 68 ounces each and every day (a full ~four ounces more~ than the recommended eight glasses) without even noticing you've upped your intake.
13. A to-do list pad that'll motivate you with the carrot, not the stick — but the carrot's a delicious adult beverage of your choice.
14. A box of dishwasher cleaning tablets so you can disband the limescale and mineral buildup preventing your dishes from actually getting as clean as possible, but all you have to do is put it in your dishwasher's detergent dispenser, press the "run" button, and walk away.
15. A pet hair removing–roller so you can pick up basically every last bit of shedding your furry friend's always leaving in their wake from any fabric surface with a quick, simple brush-brush-brush. Yes, it is possible to love your animals but also live in a clean home without going through dozens of disposable lint rollers!
16. A daily shower cleaner to spray on your walls or glass at the end of each shower because it will actually *prevent* soap scum and hard water build up, so everything just stays nice and clean, even if you hate to squeegee.
17. A pack of fizzing tablets for easily deep cleaning even the most built-up layers of coffee and tea stains. They're like an ultra-powerful bath bomb for your stainless and plastic travel mugs, that only require you to drop 'em in and let them sit for a little bit.
18. A book that will help you become the plant parent you've always wished you were by explaining exactly what you need to do to in lots of situations. Like, how to rescue the pothos you bought earlier this year so it can get back to its slow quest to overtake your entire office again.
19. A bottle of mold and mildew cleaner made with a no-odor gel, which makes it stick to your tile grout and caulking so it can actually do its job. That means you never have to scrub! Just apply it, let it set, and wipe up for fresh, sparkling results.
20. Some produce saver containers because they really will keep all kinds of fruits and veggies — like berries, spinach, lettuce, bell peppers — day-one fresh for nearly two full weeks. That way you actually have time to eat everything you bought at the grocery store, even if other things in life get in the way of your eating plans.
21. A bottle of makeup brush and sponge shampoo that will break up all the various layers of stubborn foundation, contour, concealer, powder, and eye makeup that's embedded itself in your tools — and will do it so quickly and easily you won't mind washing your brushes once a week one whit.
22. A pack of four silicone straws so you can skip the plastic (and the flimsy paper ones) whether you're at work, out to dinner, or at the movie theater. Because they come with a holding case for both the cleaning brush and each straw, it won't be a pain to keep on you at all times, and when you're done using it, you can simply rinse it out in a bathroom sink, stick it back in its case, and take it home for a more thorough cleaning.
23. A garment bag designed specifically to filter out any microplastics your polyester or blended clothes *before* they get rinsed down the drain and become one with the Earth's water system. And all that's required of you = to stick your dirty clothes in it before you wash 'em.
24. A clothes folding board — it will turn your pile of clothes fresh from the dryer into an immaculately neat drawer ready–stack with just a few seconds of work per shirt. Presto, your clean laundry pile no longer looks identical to your dirty laundry pile!
25. A meal planning pad with a detachable shopping list so you're inspired to think about what you're having for dinner for the entire week instead of like, visiting the grocery store every single night to pick up something different. (Or, y'know, spending more $$ than you'd like ordering in / eating out!)
26. And a dry erase calendar so you can maybe stop accidentally double-booking yourself and having to profusely apologize to one of your friends for cancelling. Or so everyone in the house actually knows what's planned for any given night!
27. A Smart Funnel so you can finally get rid of / recycle all those basically empty bottles that have queued up in a "reject" line on your counter as they've slowly run out of product.
28. A steam mop because it picks up basically every speck of dirt and grime on your sealed hard floors using only heated water, and all you have to do is leisurely push it around for a bit. (Oh, and that steam provides 99.99% sanitation, too.)
29. A universal fit–hair catcher for your drain that will stop any gross clogs from building slowly over time. Which means you (or those you share a bathroom with) can freely rinse any shed hair to the drain with no worries, instead of sticking clumps of hair to the wall and leaving 'em there for far too long.
You, taking charge of your life without expending too much effort:
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.