1. Put something nice by your door — a plant, nice photos or art, a candle with a scent you love — so you get a little dose of happy every time you walk inside.
2. Ditch the overhead lights and use lamps in the evening to take your couch from laundry-folding zone to cozy reading nook.
3. Adopt a plant (or two or three) to improve your home's air quality and bring a little nature indoors.
4. Pick your favorite books to display on your nicest or favorite bookshelf, so you remember how much you liked them.
5. Refresh a space you've lived in for a while without spending a ~single dime~ by experimenting with different furniture layouts.
6. And give your sofa throw pillows a fresh look by wrapping them in sweaters you no longer wear, no sewing required.
7. Deck out your walls with affordable wall art you actually love...
There's all sorts of art available online that's also affordable, and they all offer framing options (for extra $$), too:
-Society6 is a marketplace for artists to put up their art and sell prints, so you'll find lots of options for almost any taste. The prices on their prints vary, but range from about $15 to $60.
-Eyes on Walls offers prints of original artworks; depending on the size, unframed prints range from about $30 to $90.
-1000 Museums has prints of all sorts of museum works. Depending on how large you want your print, unframed prices range from $16 (for the "petite") to $139 (for the "extra large").
Have art you love already, or photos you'd like printed and framed? Framebridge does custom framing and printing for $39-$199.