1. Chicken Lentil Soup with Tomatoes and Yogurt:
2. Thai Chicken Soup with Peas and Red Peppers:
Thank you, red curry paste, for making these dreary winter months bearable. Here's the recipe.
3. Smoky Chipotle Black Bean Soup:
4. Chicken Chipotle Chili with Cauliflower:
5. Root Vegetable Stew with Sage and Kale:
An easy way to eat up all those wintery root veggies. Here's the recipe.
6. Homemade Chana Masala:
7. Chicken Enchilada Soup with Fire-Roasted Corn:
Chicken Thighs + 5 cans of delicious things + Spices + Chicken Broth = Perfection. To keep it lighter, skip the cheese topping. Get the recipe here.
8. Miso Vegetable Soup with Zucchini Noodles and Ginger:
9. Mexican Quinoa with Butternut Squash:
10. Chicken Chili Verde:
11. White Bean and Herb Stew with Leafy Greens:
This recipe makes 10 to 12 servings — perfect for freezing in individual portions for weekday lunches. Get the recipe here.
12. Vegetable Beef Stew with Pumpkin Purée:
13. Asparagus, Spinach and Potato Soup with Croutons and Eggs:
If you don't have an immersion blender you can use a regular blender, but it will take more time and be messier. Here's the recipe.
14. Ham and Kale Stew with Navy Beans:
15. Pork Posole with Garlic and Jalapeños:
Hominy, hominy! Get the recipe here.
16. Coconut Curry with Cashews, Red Peppers, and Potatoes:
17. Bean and Sausage stew with Potatoes and Carrots:
Look for a lower fat kielbasa to keep it a little lighter. Here's the recipe.