1. Rubber-band a plastic bag filled with vinegar around your shower head and it will basically de-scale and deep-clean itself.
2. Dust your ceiling fans with an old pillowcase to trap the grime, instead of just brushing it back into the air and onto your floor.
4. Mix cream of tartar and water into a thick paste to clean that sticky dust buildup that nothing else seems to touch.
5. Or you can immediately erase that greasy dust by dabbing a little mineral oil on a cleaning cloth.
6. Banish embedded pet hair from any upholstered surface — in your car or in your home — by spritzing the the area with water, then scraping it up with a squeegee.
7. Dissolve hard water stains on your water faucets by wrapping them up in vinegar-soaked paper towels for an hour — they'll wipe off in one go.
8. Vanquish the cloudy scum buildup on glass shower doors, no elbow grease required, with a few dollops of cooktop cleaner.
FYI, you can find dupes of the original Magic Erasers on Amazon for cheap — they're just rectangles of melamine foam.
10. Run your ceiling and floor vents through a rinse cycle in the dishwasher to quickly remove all the built-up dust.
11. Spritz some Windex to clean crayon marks off painted walls without scrubbing off paint or leaving residue behind.
12. Team up with Barkeeper's Friend and a scrubbie pad to make the burnt-on bits on pots and pans vanish right before your eyes.
13. Reach for bleach or a specialty cleaner when faced with surface mold (aka mildew) in your shower — oh, and a good scrub brush.
14. And if you have *surface* mold on your walls, first clean it with diluted bleach, let dry, then cover the area with a mold-killing primer.
15. Microwave a bowl of lemons and water to make all the gunk come out in one easy swipe.
16. Ditch the hard water buildup on your faucet the same way you did the shower: with a rubber band, plastic bag, and vinegar.
17. Scrub out rust stains from your tub and shower using a combination of Dawn dish soap and vinegar, followed by a good scouring with a Magic Eraser.
18. But if your rust buildup's REALLY bad (or you have better things to do besides all that scrubbing) fall back on scientifically-proven chemistry, aka this powerful spray.
19. Whiten a grungy porcelain sink with a paste of baking soda and a little bit of hydrogen peroxide.
21. Prevent water spots on your chrome faucets by rubbing them with wax paper. It'll also keep 'em extra shiny!
22. Then "wax" your metal shower curtain rod to help your curtain slide more easily.
24. Stop buying single bottles of all-purpose cleaner — instead, mix your own by pouring a capful of concentrate into a reusable spray bottle filled with water.
Want to keep your home improvement streak going? Check out these helpful posts:
26 Things To Help You Deep Clean Absolutely E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E
I'm About To Make Your Day Because These 19 Problem-Solving Hacks Are Genius
38 Problem-Solving Products That'll Actually Make 2019 A Little Easier