22 Dirt-Destroying Vacuums That People Actually Swear By
Powerful machines for every price point.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A wet/dry vacuum that you can use on both hard floors and area rugs to clean up all kinds of accidents — it basically mops and sweeps at the exact same time.
2. A lightweight two-in-one stick vacuum with an easy-to-detach hand vac, so you can quickly pick up pet hair, crumbs, and other small messes on the floor, stairs, or pretty much wherever.
3. A sturdy upright vacuum featuring an easy-lift canister because your stairs need cleaned too, but you shouldn't have to lug the entire 13-pound machine with you to do it.
4. A compact vacuum so powerful you'll be shocked at just how much dirt, hair, and other grossness it picks up after just one pass over your rugs.
5. A multi-functional Hoover designed to make cleaning every last nook and cranny of your entire house easier than ever.
6. An ultra-lightweight canister vac perfect for anyone with a small space and a small budget but who doesn't want to sacrifice major suction.
7. A mini shop vac that switches from dry to wet mode with a quick filter swap, meaning you can come to the rescue of a small flood in minutes... then later clean up the sawdust from your work bench and the beach sand from your car's trunk.
8. An incredibly lightweight Dyson V8 stick vac so effective, simple, and satisfying to use, you'll have no problem pulling it out every single day.
9. An iRobot Roomba 960 that you can program to go on an expedition all around your house each and every day, picking up the crumbs, hair, and more while all you do is scroll Instagram (or, you know, adult-y things like go to work).
10. Or an older, less expensive version of Roomba — it will still work wonders to pick up SO much dirt and pet hair while you go out and live your life.
11. A rechargeable stick vacuum with a head that swivels 180-degrees *plus* a detachable hand vac — you'll be able to effortlessly and quickly reach every last nook and cranny of your home.
12. A multi-surface powerhouse of a vacuum with a super-wide 12.6-inch nozzle to cover more area, faster; a quick-release accessories handle and onboard accessories for easy baseboard + ceiling + drape cleans; and an extra-large capacity dirt cup so you don't have to empty it every time you run it.
13. A mini hand vac that you'll enlist time and again to pickup small messes without having to lug out the broom and dustpan.
14. Or a cordless version — you can keep it plugged in somewhere discreet, then pull it out after a minor spill, like the secret weapon against accumulating mess you never knew you needed.
15. The small-but-powerful Mighty Mite because you shouldn't have to give up the power of a good vacuum for the sake of your apartment's limited storage space.
16. A wet vacuum that will make the built-up stains and embedded dirt from years and years vanish, returning your beat-up carpet to a like-new, pristine condition.
17. A central vacuum accessory kit because parts break or get lost over the years, and sometimes it's nice to start completely fresh.
18. A durable and powerful vacuum designed for commercial work that's still lightweight enough to easily push over thick carpets.
19. An ultra-maneuverable Miele canister that features six different levels of suction intensity, letting you optimize the amount of power you need depending on the surface you're cleaning.
20. A 14-gallon Rigid wet/dry vac with an included auto detailing kit, so you can cut down on the time you spend keeping your car impeccably clean without sacrificing your standards.
21. A Dyson ball upright vacuum — it automatically adjusts its suction level depending on the type of floor you're on, letting you seamlessly move from wood to carpet to tile and back again.
The only thing that would make these vacuums better? If they could also magically fold all your laundry!
If you're ready for more home ~inspiration~, check out these great posts!
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.