1. A gel-infused soft memory foam topper to seriously upgrade that less-than-ideal mattress you bought right out of college. It's designed to supportively conform to your body and cradle you all night long, which can help relieve any pressure points. (Oh, and it has over five thousand 5-star, verified-purchase reviews, so it's gotta be good.)
2. A 2-inch down alternative topper because it has an anchor band in each corner to keep it secure and in place night after night — and of course, plenty of plush stuffing so it's similar to a feather bed, but way less expensive.
3. Or a 2-inch pillow top featherbed topper made with one inch of down and one inch of feather base if, for you, that luxury is 100% worth the splurge.
4. A 2-inch soft memory foam topper that has five different textured zones designed to reduce the pressure points at your shoulders, hips, knees, and feet — which some people say helps them toss and turn less.
5. A soft natural latex foam topper because it has no synthetic fillers and still adds softness with more "springy-ness" than memory foam.
6. Or the firm version of the same latex topper, if you're looking for something with way less give than all the typical "cloud-like" toppers out there, especially if you have a failing pillow top mattress.
7. A gusseted topper — it's disguised as a mattress pad so everything stays strictly in place no matter what you get up to in bed.
8. A 3-inch Birch topper because besides adding some plush pillow-top-ness to your bed, all of its components are sustainably-sourced: organic cotton from the US, organic wool from New Zealand, and 100% natural latex from trees in Southeast Asia, Africa, and Brazil.
9. A plush, hypoallergenic mattress topper from the cult favorite mattress company Helix Sleep. This mattress topper is made of softer bamboo blend fibers, and is also designed to be allergen-free for those with sensitive skin.
10. Another down alternative mattress topper for people whose allergies are robbing them of a good night's sleep. This 3-inch LUCID mattress topper is filled with a hypoallergenic down alternative that has none of the odors, sharp quills, or allergens that can sometimes come with down mattresses.
11. A 3-inch Tempur-Pedic mattress topper, which will let you get as close as possible to your dreams of owning one of the actual Tempur-Pedic mattresses, all while prolonging the life of your current bed.
12. A flippable memory foam topper with a soft side *and* a firm side, if you for whatever reason want to change it up (or cut it in half to re-insert into the king size cover, so you can have the soft side but your partner can enjoy the firm side).
14. A handmade hemp-filled linen mattress topper if you're craving extra cushion but want something entirely plant-based.
15. A ventilated 3-inch memory foam mattress topper that's designed to more evenly distribute your body heat for better sleep. According to reviewers, this topper also eliminates the "sinking" feeling of lots of conventional mattress toppers they've tried.
16. A memory foam + fiber fill topper duo so you can enjoy the best of both worlds for maximum supportive, soft, pillow-y comfort.
17. A blended 2-inch topper that's designed to help you sleep cooler every night, thanks to its filling combo: pieces of memory foam dispersed among the super cushy fiber fill.
18. Or a personal cooling pad — your partner can continue enjoying the mattress as-is, but you'll finally be able to fall asleep because you won't be sweating up a storm.
19. Or to really bring the chill — or heat — a remote-controlled water-regulated mattress pad because you can set it to pre-chill or -warm before you even crawl in bed, then it uses its external tank to keep the pad at your specific set temperature all night long.
20. A memory foam topper with a removable cover that's made from bamboo viscose because the more layers between you and the foam layer, the cooler you'll sleep.
21. An un-dyed 100% organic cotton Coyuchi mattress topper filled with climate-beneficial eco-wool sourced from a ranch in northern California, if you want some extra cushion but like to be sustainable in as many aspects of life as possible. Because wool is also naturally dust mite resistant, it could also help you with your allergies.
22. Or a fleece topper also made with organic knitted cotton backing and eco-wool — this isn't your typical sheepskin so it doesn't have the stiffness, weight, or chemicals that you'd find in a tanned hide. Instead, you get an extra layer of coziness that may help you stay warm in the winter and cooler in the summer.
23. A copper-infused memory foam topper because the copper could help reduce odor-causing bacteria. Stink be gone!
24. A 2-inch egg crate topper so you can enjoy extra cushion that's Goldilocks-levels of ~just right~: not too thick and not too thin.
25. An inexpensive 1.25- or 2-inch option that does the job well *and* costs your bank account less than $100, even if you have a king-size bed.
26. An aloe-infused mattress topper made with memory foam and temperature-regulating gel to soothe and cool your body while you sleep.
27. A two-inch Tuft & Needle mattress topper whose responsive foam will keep you at the surface of your mattress so you won't sink in, alleviating soreness.
28. An organic latex mattress topper made with natural materials like wool and cotton that will help ease your environmental stress so you can sleep better at night.
30. A 3-inch memory foam topper with a removable bamboo cover and adjustable elastic straps for keeping it in place while you *peacefully* toss in your sleep
Promising review: "Very comfortable, perfect fit and worth every penny I spent! I was going to replace an uncomfortable mattress but went this topper instead. I saved money and the hassle of finding a new mattress, and so glad I did. I love it." –Michelle R.
Get it from Amazon for $135.55+ (available in sizes twin–Cal king and two colors).
31. A dual mattress topper and cover made with plushy down so you can kill two birds with one stone and enjoy a much comfier sleep at night (and for your post-snooze-button morning drift).
Promising review: "I have bought so many toppers in my life I just gave up years ago trying to find the one that is perfect for me, and I finally decided to try one more. This topper is like lying on a bed of marshmallows. Not too soft but so comfortable. I just don't want to get out of bed...I have had this for one month and it's still the best purchase for bedding I have ever made!!!! Holds it shape every day and I am no lightweight. Finally a great night sleep!!!" –Vickie Conner
Get it from Amazon for $39.90+ (available in sizes twin–Cal king).
32. A gel-infused memory foam topper in two-, three-, and four-inch varieties because it's good to have options when it comes to the plushy and cooling accessory for your beloved best: your bed.
Promising review: "I love this mattress topper, it’s very comfortable. My husband is sleeping so much better than he was on our regular mattress. I would definitely recommend the Subrtex topper to other people. I like that it has straps to hold it on the regular mattress therefore it doesn’t slip around." –PatB
Get it from Walmart for $66.99+ (available in sizes twin–Cal king and three heights).
33. A quilted mattress topper that'll provide some added fluffy comfort *on top* of some dreamy cooling effects. As if you needed another reason to hit the snooze button in the a.m.
Promising review: "This is by far and away the best mattress pad I have ever purchased. And I have purchased many. What makes this one top shelf is that the elastic goes ALL THE WAY AROUND. The mattress pad stays on the bed and doesn't pop off. I have this on my guest room bed and the mattress is 21" deep. It fits and stays put. It is luxurious, plenty of 'poof.' Looks elegant in the gray color. Some reviewers said it went flat, but I have not found that to be the case with mine. I machine wash it and machine dry it. It takes a few cycles to dry, but it always comes out nice and no shrinkage. I would give it 10 stars if I could. Highly recommend." –Grandmapink
Get it from Amazon for $26.25+ (available in sizes twin–Cal king and two colors).