1. Spend five minutes throwing out everything in your freezer that's expired or impossible to really identify.
2. Pick your messiest kitchen cabinet, and use inexpensive plastic bins as faux pull-out drawers.
3. Pick up a few paint swatches at the hardware store, and pair them with pushpins for a cheap and pretty jewelry display.
4. Choose one or two days to try tracking how you actually spend your time.
If you find yourself wondering where your time goes and why you don't get enough done every day, a time tracking app like iTrackMyTime could be eye-opening.
5. Cut off the bottoms of cereal and snack boxes to make free organizers for your junk drawer.
Then cover them in wrapping paper to make them more durable — and prettier. See the how-to here.