You've probably heard of collecting passport stamps, but this new travel trend sees holiday makers preserve travel memories through tattoos.
We recently asked the BuzzFeed Community about the tattoos they got while overseas on a holiday. Here are some of the stories behind their holiday ink.
1. This tattoo that celebrates international friendship.
2. And this one that represents a close family bond.
3. This amazing rendition of Lady Liberty.
4. And this gorgeous design of a Hawaiian sunset.
5. These tattoos that capture an amazing trip to the Catacombs of Paris.
6. This one to commemorate studying overseas.
7. And this one that shows how much studying abroad can change your outlook on life.
8. This tattoo that really sums up, "When in Rome."
9. And this one, done on a whim.
10. This story about a woman who travelled abroad to see one of her favourite tattoo artists.
11. This tattoo that was done in the back of a hostel in the middle of the night.
12. And this one, which was done in a shed in Thailand.
13. This bee that represents travelling as an adult for the first time.
14. This tattoo that immortalises the greatness of The Veronicas.
15. This tattoo from a loved-up couple's first trip together.
16. And this one that that will keep these exchange sisters connected forever.
17. This one, which is literally the owner's understanding of the meaning of life.
18. This California-inspired artichoke.
19. And this one that teaches us that what happens in Vegas sometimes comes home with you.
20. This one that commemorates an overseas marriage.
21. And another about a spontaneous moment in Ireland.
22. This tattoo of the national flower of the Netherlands.
23. And this beautiful design featuring their flag.
24. And finally, this heartfelt quote that proves that both travel and tattoos mean so much to people.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.