1. In honor of her 21st, help us toast 21 shots to the legendary Ruth Bader Ginsburg for standing up for equality and justice.
3. Shot #2: And, by the way, she was the second female justice to ever sit on the Supreme Court bench, but certainly not the last…
From left to right that’s Sandra Day O’Connor (the first woman to sit on the Supreme Court), Sonia Sotomayor, The Notorious RBG, and Elena Kagan. These ladies have made us proud!
4. Shot #3:
6. Shot #5: Case in point: “The decision whether or not to bear a child is central to a woman’s life, to her well-being and dignity.”
“When the government controls that decision for her, she is being treated as less than a full adult human responsible for her own choices.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
8. Shot #7: RBG just gets it: “Reproductive choice has to be straightened out. There will never be a woman of means without choice anymore. That just seems to me so obvious.”
13. Shot #12: When her anti-choice colleagues on the Supreme Court ruled that bosses at Hobby Lobby can deny their employees insurance coverage for birth control, RBG was all like:
14. Shot #13: And she threw down:
17. Shot #16: Even through dark times, RBG sees the light: “Justices continue to think and can change. I am ever hopeful that if the court has a blind spot today, its eyes will be open tomorrow.”
19. Shot #18: She’s always called out attacks on reproductive rights, because some members of Supreme Court don’t understand how their decisions can deny “the ability of women to decide for themselves what their destiny will be.”
20. Shot #19: “In my life, what I find most satisfying is that I was part of a movement that made life better, not just for women – I think gender discrimination is bad for everyone”.
“It’s bad for men, it’s bad for children. Having the opportunity to be part of that change is tremendously satisfying.” - RBG
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.