2. This summer, extreme anti-choice politicians in the Texas legislature passed one of the most dangerous anti-choice laws in the country that has already forced providers to cancel health-care appointments across the state.
3. We came *this close* to stopping them thanks to pro-choice Sen. Wendy Davis who took a stand and said
4. Despite the bill ultimately passing, Sen. Davis’ heroic 11-hour filibuster activated thousands of pro-choice supporters across the country.
6. We also celebrated a huge pro-choice victory of 2013 with the election of pro-choice Terry McAuliffe in Virginia, where women’s rights and access to abortion are on the line.
7. During the campaign, extreme anti-choice candidate Ken Cuccinelli was like: You guys, this isn’t about women’s rights, it’s about
8. Cuccinelli did what he could to hide his extreme anti-choice record…
9. Like his role in helping to close abortion clinics across the state, blocking access to birth control and supporting “crisis pregnancy centers” that use misinformation and shame to talk women out of abortion.
10. Watching him backtrack to hide his anti-woman positions and try to convince voters that he would protect reproductive rights if elected was kind of like this
17. Clearly he wasn’t there to rule in a sensitive, informed and unbiased fashion. He was probably just like
18. We worked with a coalition of progressive partners to ask that Judge Peter Bataillon be sanctioned for putting his political beliefs above the rule of law and a young woman’s welfare.
19. We gathered nearly 87,000 petition signatures demanding justice! The commission denied the request to investigate, but our effort with RH Reality Check and Credo Mobile was a show of our power that we’ll build on in 2014.
21. But we didn’t just have big wins in the states. On the federal level, anti-choice groups launched an attack on insurance coverage of abortion for congressional staffers.
22. So we led an effort to flood the Obama administration with comments against the attack - submitting more than eight pro-choice comments for each anti-choice one received.
23. We won! We helped preserve the right for congressional staff to purchase abortion coverage in their health plans.
24. All in all, 2013 was a great year for getting the word out about these anti-choice attacks and for the pro-choice community coming together to protect women’s reproductive freedom. Will you join us in 2014?
25. Have a safe and happy holiday from NARAL Pro-Choice America!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!