1. Check out some awesome recently enacted pro-choice measures:
3. 2) Colorado enacted a law to fund comprehensive sex-education programs.
Colorado’s new law ensures that sex-education programs in the state will include medically accurate information about pregnancy prevention and sexually transmitted infections. Because when young adults don’t know the facts, their reproductive health is at risk. We must empower young people to learn about their reproductive-health without fear of shame or misinformation found in many “abstinence-only” programs.
7. 6) Dane County, Wisconsin passed an ordinance requiring full and honest information from organizations contracting with the county.
This measure will ensure that anti-choice “crisis pregnancy centers” (CPCs) cannot get county contracts if they lie to or mislead women. CPCs often lie to and shame women to block them from considering all their reproductive-health care options.
9. 8) California enacted a law that will increase the number of medical professionals who can provide early abortion care, including nurse practitioners, certified nurse-midwives, and physician assistants.
This law gives women in areas where there are few doctors the ability to get care from someone they know and trust, in their own communities.
10. 9) California also enacted a law making permanent an existing clinic-violence law, which, among other important provisions, requires law-enforcement personnel to be trained in responding to incidents of anti-choice violence at health centers.
11. We’re ecstatic to see so many pro-choice laws enacted in the states, but we won’t stop there.
We’re going to work harder than ever to see even more pro-choice measures passed in 2014. And with your help, we hope to see many more states enact laws that protect women’s reproductive-health and safety.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump signed a sweeping executive order that dismantles many Obama era climate change regulations.
- The Republican chair of the House probe into Russia and Trump should step down after secretly meeting with a source at the White House, say top Democrats.
- The Trump White House has a habit of taking credit for business deals struck under Obama, as they did today with a Ford investment plan from 2015.
- The Scottish parliament has voted for an independence referendum that could result in Scotland leaving the UK.