2. He’s about to release a 7” with Wave Racer, a sunny Australian producer.
For the release, Ryan and Wave Racer will each remix one of the other’s songs.
The two met last year, in Australia. “He seemed like a really great, quiet, modest dude,” Ryan said via email. They’re teaming up for fun, “to make the ‘producer game’ interesting.”
3. Here’s Ryan’s squealing remix of Wave Racer’s “Streamers,” debuting on BuzzFeed:
5. Wave Racer usually makes shiny, optimistic club music. Ryan’s specialty in the opposite: sweet and sulky stuff.
7. The cover art for Ryan’s “Streamers” remix was drawn by Yung Lenox, a 7-year-old hero who likes to color.
8. Lenox hand-delivered the art to Ryan last month at a club in Seattle.
9. Lenox’s dad is a big rap fan, and the two listen to Wu-Tang while Lenox draws pictures of people like Morrissey, E-40 and Beyoncé. They are so good:
12. Wave Racer will be big in the U.S. soon, but for now he’s major in Australia.
14. Check him out on Ryan Hemsworth’s upcoming tour of Australia and New Zealand:
Ryan Hemsworth Australia/New Zealand Tour 2014:
Feb 21 - Oh hello, Brisbane
Feb 22 - Star bar, Bendigo
Feb 25 - Sammy’s, Dunedin
Feb 26 - The Hunter Lounge, Wellington
Feb 27 - Studio, Auckland
Feb 28 - The Flinders Social, Townsville
Mar 1 - Ivy Pool, Sydney
Mar 1 - Secret Garden Festival, Brownlow Farm
Mar 2 - King Street Hotel, Newcastle
Mar 5 - The Corner Hotel, Melbourne ****** WITH WAVE RACER
Mar 6 - Sugar, Adelaide
Mar 7 - Hand Picked, Perth
Mar 8 - Oxford Art Factory, Sydney
Mar 9 - Trinity Bar, Canberra
- At least 10 people, including the gunman, are dead after a shooting at a mall in Munich, Germany.